“Best seafood on Galveston Island”
Review of Clary's - CLOSED

Clary's
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Relaxed yet refined with exceptional seafood, Clary's is not the easiest restaurant to find in Galveston, but it is well worth the effort. We have to dine there at least once whenever we visit the island. This was our first visit since the post-hurricane re-opening, and we were not disappointed. Looking around, there have been some structural changes, but it still provides the same "old Galveston" ambiance. Clary's is isolated from the big name chain restaurants where tourists usually cluster. We visited on a week night, and the restaurant provided the perfect atmosphere for carrying on a quiet and enjoyable dinner conversation.
Complimentary warm steamed shrimp were brought to our table on arrival to help whet our appetites. Salads were dressed with a blue cheese vinaigrette and were tasty if not exceptional. We opted to split the crab stuffed flounder, which provided plenty of food. Warm chocolate cake with ice cream & coffees finished our meal and left us planning when we can return to Galveston & Clary's. Only open for dinner at this time.

1  Thank David H

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Mr. Clary....you can do NO WRONG. I always visit here at least ONCE during my Galveston trips...my Dad took me my first time, I took my daughter, and this year-I took my granddaughter. Dinner was everything I've always bragged it to be. Service was impeccable. Mr. Clary stopped by and spoke to us several timed during our meal. Service is NEVER intrusive. I cannot say enough about the quality of the food. From the moment you sit down to a white tablecloth table, and are brought a small bowl of warm peel & eat shrimp (spicey!!) with your menu....to when your appetizers, salads, sides, and mealscome out....and I seldom save room for dessert.
I dream about the grilled oysters....really.
This is my favorite restaurant in the world. Period.

2  Thank robin s
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our visit to Galveston. We started our first night there @ Clary's. Right at the end of a canal with a veiw of the bay, beautiful. The service and hospitality was right on. The food was very good. Fresh seafood. We will go back again.

1  Thank MAJICDOBE
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Was driving on 45 and was in the mood for seafood. found it on the GPS and tried it. OMG, the most amazing seafood in my life! Our family tried different dishes and all of them were great. Highly recommend it.

1  Thank long_horace
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Go to Clary's, still fabulous, and same great host and service. food was delicious. A Galveston landmark. Great evening, thank-you Mr. Clary and Dwayne.