“Never again!!!!”

Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Fort Worth Texas
“Never again!!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2007

This hotel is not what it said it was on the internet or even some of the reviews here. It was definately not a place I would ever stay again. It is smelly and I wouldnt say it is filthy but it isnt clean b y a long shot. The sheets and such were clean and smelled clean also but there is mold on the widows they are smeared and dirty and also cracked. The tub wasnt as clean as I would want it for my special needs child to take a bath in. The staff were less than friendly and just the over all outside of the hotel is dirty and smelly. If I had been planning to be here more than 1 nite I wouldnt have stayed. We are going on a cruise and decided it would suffice for a place to sleep the nite before. Just dont stay here spend a little more money and stay at one of the other chain hotels that look much nicer than this.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — it was dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Room was not cleaned fully, vacumed once, never swepted, visting the beach, lots of sand! House keeping did not leave new bath towels on second morning, had to obtain from front desk on our own. No clock in the room, non working TV remoute. Starway areas dirty. Breakfast , what a scarry thought, serving area dirty, very little to choose from, no clean tables in breakfast/lobby to seat at. I was so grossed out I would not even make a plate to take back to the room. The pool area was not even appealing enough for my 12 year to swim. I wanted to check out as soon as we checked in.

Plus during our check in our room rate would have been cheaper to book on our own, priceline charge was about $50.00 dollars more.

• Liked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Our confirmation said we could check in at 3pm but was told could not check in till 4pm - by an unpleasant lady. The key cards did not work had to get them reset twice. After returning from a day out at the beach (3:30ish) our room had not been cleaned. Our bathroom light would not stay on we had to shower without light all 5 nights. One day the hotel door would not lock - had to get the front desk to call maintenance (which did fix the lock). The hotel was not very clean. The hotel is not worth the price.

• Disliked — uncleaniness, no working light in the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Extremely overpriced. Overall appearance was dirty, even the lobby doors were smeared and dirty. Check-in time on my reservation confirmation said 3:00 but when we got there to check in we were told 4:00. I was given a room but I don't think they had completely finished cleaning it. The carpet was dirty. My grandchildren's feet were 'black' from walking on the carpet. The bathroom floor appeared dirty and had pieces of paper on it when we checked in. The shower was terrible. No tub. About the only positive was the proximity to the beach and restaurants without actually being on the seawall. The pool was ok but there were cigarette butts and beer cans lying aroung. Do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Liked — proximity to beach
  • Disliked — it was dirty and old looking
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Usa, Japan
Reviewed May 29, 2007

There was mold on the wall in the bathroom. All doors in the room were filthy, especially on the inside. Even the doors to the lobby were disgusting. The hot tub did not work at all. The room rate was way too much for all of this.

• Liked — The fridge and microwave in the room and the belgian waffles in the lobby
  • Disliked — The dirty doors, the room smell and cigarette hole in the blanket.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie M
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed March 26, 2007

Stayed here one night (March '07). The front desk staff was friendly (perhaps they've made some changes since the last few reviews?!). After I checked in, I went back to the desk and asked for the wifi password for my laptop--it worked right away with no problems. Later I asked for an iron and ironing board (again, no problem). Finally, my brother was joining me later that evening but I was getting tired and didn't want to wait up. I went back a third time to ask the desk clerk to give my brother an extra key when he arrived (again, the clerk was friendly and accommodating).

The room was fine--clean and quiet. There's a free continental breakfast. And the beach is just around the corner. All-in-all for the price (I wouldn't pay more than $50/night), it was fine.

• Liked — inexpensive
  • Disliked — not on the beach
  • Stayed March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Beatrice12
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 10, 2007

Thankful for the prior review that warned me about the staff. I was prepared. One young woman who works late shift whose name starts with M - was very pleasant. One of the maids was also friendly. Other than that, they are so cold and unfriendly, they are abusive.

I stayed twice - before and after cruise. Both rooms very large, fairly clean as motels go. Pool closed until April even though it was warm enough to use. It was great to have free internet access in Lobby without having to drag along my laptop. Refrigerator, microwave good to have as well as access to washer and dryer.

Spoke to other guests who also said they stay in Galveston a great deal, but won't come back to Econo Lodge JUST because of the rude staff. Wake up, Managers!!! You need to hire some people with personalities. I probably won't go back either, for same reason. It is just too uncomfortable being around such hostile people.

Stayed March 2007