“Would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat!”

Travelodge Galveston
Ranked #45 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Dallas, Texas
“Would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

First off, book your room at Econo Lodge through www. Galveston.com. They offer you a much better rate than the actual website. I recently stayed there for 4 nights at $38.95 a night booked through Galveston.com! That was a great rate for a "spur of the moment" beach trip..Checking in, the young lady at the front desk let me look at rooms before I chose one to stay in. She was awesome and just wanted me to be happy! I wanted to stay in one that had windows that opened and also faced the ocean. By the way, rooms 201 and 301 are great rooms with an awesome view of the ocean. There are lot's of rooms that don't have these windows, and I don't think I would like that at all..The windows "made" the room for me! I also thought the giant bed was very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well in hotel beds, but I did in this one! The room was very clean.. I liked the fact that the fridge (in all the rooms) kept my water and wine icy cold! The pool was also crystal clean. I didn't have the free breakfast that they offer because I wasn't up that early, but from what I saw, it was better than most that I've seen. The location of this hotel could not be better. Also got a great wireless connection for my laptop! I think the closer to the office that you get, the better the connection. (rooms 201 and 301 are right above the office)..

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

The service is very poor. I notified the management and was given the run a round about the service. We booked a 4 night stay at the hotel and found the accommadation to be very poor, the maid left our bed unmade no linen , no towels the floor had no been vaccumned. I called the front and the attendant who wasn't busy at the time instructed me to come get the linen like it was no big deal. I informed her that I wanted to speak to management and still she didn't have anyone contact me. this happened on the second day of our stay. It took me a month and a compliant via the choice hotel website to get some response. I was given the run around several times and was finally awarded a lousy $15.00 credit can you believe this.
Management has to do better to see that service is at it's best. When you are trying to get away for rest and relaxation service does matter and so does courtsey.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — service and cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

Okey so for my 18th birthday my friends and i decided to get a couple rooms in galveston. we walked into SO many hotels to check the age requirements and the Econo Lodge was the only place we found besides motel 8 that didn't shut us down

we had SO much fun! the rooms were surprisingly decent with really big beds and an area by the window w/ a table and four chairs. the staff was super nice and laid back, I mean that night a big group of us went down to the hot tub and pool area, we weren't being too loud or disturbing or anything, but the managers came down and just kind of chilled & talked to us for a few minutes. they didnt even say anything about us drinking, they just made sure to tell us to keep it quiet when they left.

granted, the rooms didn't have soap, shampoo, or a lot of the amenities most hotels do have, but all in all we were really satisfied. i wouldn't recommend staying here for a family vacation, but for teenagers looking for a fun night by the beach i highly recommend! we're definitely going to get a few more rooms here before summer ends :)

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank oobrittyannoo
Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2008

The overall stay was pretty much what you'd expect from a hotel stay. On the up side, the rooms were soundproofed very well. The room always smelled nice and clean when we returned, and you can walk to the beach from there. On the down side, the carpet was so filthy that we couldn't walk on it without at least our socks on or the bottoms of our feet would turn black. I have a special needs child that crawls alot, so this was a huge inconvenience. Also, the pool and hot tub were not as clean as they should have been. There was hair floating around in places and my husband found an empty condom wrapper by the pool! And now for the big reason for this review. When I made my reservation, it was for 74.95 a night, and at checkout they tried to stick us with 99.00 a night instead. The girl at the desk was very rude and cocky, and my husband had to go down there twice to contend with her attitude. Finally, the manager came out and straightened it out immediately. However, the rudeness of this desk clerk is the main reason we won't be returning. My husband tried to show her the email confirmation for 74.95 a night, and she flat out refused to even look at it. "Oh, I can't do nothing about that" was all she'd say. I want the hotel to know that this attitude problem with their clerks is losing them money.

• Liked — nice smell and location
  • Disliked — rude desk clerk
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
rockspring texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2007

i stay at the econo lodge in galveston with no prolbems the staff was very freindly and helpful my room was cleaned they were alway very helpful i would surely stay again.

• Liked — the room was great the veiw
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
lafayette la
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

We booked room in advance for the lone star motorcycle rally. After booking room I read all reviews and I was dissapointed by what I read. However we arrived on Nov. 2 at 1pm and the clerk told us check in was not until 4. I said I understood this but could we please unload bags off motorcyle. She checked and found room had been cleaned and let us check in. We were not expecting much but found room to be nice and clean. No 4 star hotel but pleasant. Lady at front desk was very nice and helpful. When we got in room the smoke alarm was chirpping. I told the maid that was cleaning room next door and she had maint. man there in minutes and he fixed it. It is true there was no coffee pot or clock in room, but coffee was just a short walk to lobby where it always seemed to be fresh. Lobby also had waffles, cereal, juice and pastries. We slept very good in comfortable bed and found motel to be a good value. We also found location to be perfect for us. We would stay here again with no question.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no coffee maker
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2007

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Black mold growing up the wall near the a/c and in the restroom. The odor of meldew fills the room and in two seperate rooms the doors had been knocked in. ??? The room has a very unsafe feel and I had to check out and sleep on a family members floor. Sent management an email and have not heard from them ...?

Stayed September 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galveston
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Gaido's Seaside Inn
Gaido's Seaside Inn
#23 of 53 in Galveston Island

Been to Travelodge Galveston? Share your experiences!