“BED BUGS!”

Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“BED BUGS!”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel has bed bugs. We woke up to blood splotches on the sheets and then found the bed bugs scurrying away. My daughter was bitten. I took a dead one down to the hotel clerk and asked to speak to her privately. I told her what I thought it was and she confirmed it. She then told me I needed to speak to the Manager that came in at 1pm. I told her I would be expecting the call. No one ever called me back and I have yet to get anyone to answer their phone. As we were packing our things to leave, we passed a maid who had left her clip board on her cart. It had multiple rooms hightlighted as having bed bugs!!! If they know they have them and continue to rent rooms, they should be fined mightily! This establishment needs to be shut down until it passes some kind of inspection! I have videos and pictures of the bed bugs and I plan on working tirelessly to shut this place down! DO NOT STAY THERE!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank kcsmomma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Our stay at Econo Lodge Galveston was lovely. NO BEDBUGS! The rooms were clean. We had two rooms, two adults each. As budget travelers, we were surprised about additional services like a lobby computer terminal, a hot breakfast, good coffee and free parking during our 7-day cruise. Thank YOU to the attentive managers and staff.

I will stay again. The location close to the cruise terminal and the $40 senior rate are irresistable! Hey, don't miss THE SPOT restaurant in Galveston for great food, too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2010

THIS COMPLAINT IS ABOUT THE WHOLE FACILITY. THEY HAVE BED BUGS!!! I arrived at the hotel and the front clerk didn't know about my reservation throught EXPEDIA. He found the reservation and gave us the key. We bought clothing for the evening and came back. Laid all the clothes on one bed and laid in the other. NEXT THING YOU KNOW... BED BUGS! I called the front desk and no one answered. I went to the front and the night clerk came out after buzzing for him. I told him what happened and he didn't even act like it was a problem! He wouldn't even come check the room. Stated they check the rooms 1 time every couple weeks. Disgusting. I found 10+ bugs in a matter of minutes. As I was talking to the clerk a huge roach was in the lobby. He never even said sorry. He didn't care! No pool or jaccuzi as advertised either, it was shut down. This place is close to the beach but with bed bugs i'd rather sleep in my car which may as well be infected now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place needs to be shut down and disinfected.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bonkers56335
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The room was spacious but it hadn't been dusted in forever. When I arrived at 4am the front desk agent was sleeping and didn't say anything. There were a lot of birds hanging around the hotel especially on the third floor for some reason. "Watch for poop"

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Karensslove
Euless
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I was laying in bed and felt something crawling on me and when I turned to look, there was a huge bedbug crawling on my arm. I slapped it off and not more than 10 seconds later I looked in my 6 year old sons direction (who was laying to my left) and saw another huge bug crawling away from his neck. My fiance got up and removed the sheets, off BOTH beds and both beds were covered in bedbugs. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever experienced. We jumped out of bed and proceeded to gather our belongings while my fiance and I went to the office to speak with the front desk. We explained what was going on to which he responded with "ok.... I'll refund your money". Very nonchalantly I might add. We were enraged at the lack of consideration and concern and he added "How was I supposed to know we had bed bugs?" Needless to say, we left as he was unwilling to help us find a new hotel to stay it, meanwhile as we packed our things at 12:30 am there was another family who was packing up as well, with the same problem. While we waited for our keys at the next hotel I noticed my 6 year old son got bitten at least 6 different times. Do not stay in this hotel. Their hospitality is horrible aside from the bedbugs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mami76039
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel and nothing was as it should be except the pool. Everytime we left our room, we could not get back in because the key slot was messed up. We even got new keys and still it took 5 minutes to get back in everytime. Water did not drain properly from the bathtub, which left us standing in 2 feet of water while showering. The property clearly needs to be renovated. The hot tub that was shown in photos to lure people to the hotel has been paved over into a gazebo. Pool was small but very pleasant.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Eustace, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We ended up at Econo for one night while in Galveston and hope it will be the only time. Even with two younger children the walk to the beach was a breeze. Waiting til the 4pm check in was a waste of time because we arrived to a room that had half eaten donuts left on the floor in clear sight. The desk clerk was rude, the room had roaches, it was nice that it had a micro. and fridge ..but the fridge barely worked and had no obvious controls to change the temp. If you plan on taking a dip in the pool I hope you don't like to swim..much like wade around with fellow hotel guest; a little cramped for my taste. And just as other guest have said the hot tub is gone. I think at one time this hotel was nice..and there is still some nice features still apparent. But I think that it was very obvious that there was no pride taken in service or hotel upkeep for the $$$. Which was very apparent when the maid kept knocking on our door every 15min wanting to remind us that check out was going to be at 11(it was 10). Shop around because there is better hotels that don't have to cost an arm and a leg and are owned by people that care about return guest not just how much they can rip you off for.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family