All reviews nice pool unit gulf strand seawall silverware
Reviewed July 11, 2017

My husband and I went alone but next time will take our kids! Make sure to spend the extra money and get an OCEAN FRONT room! I would have paid double after watching the moon rise over the Gulf! A glass of wine and the waves crashing against the shore...wow! There is also a nice pool when you get tired of the ocean! Look into it & have fun!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Staci J
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I wish I would have read some reviews before we reserved here - definitely NOT for kids - I don't even think they like kids! They were very uppity from the time we checked in with a LONG list of rules. They also weren't "happy" that I had my two grandkids with me (both under the age of 10) - whom they scolded when I sent them up to the room to get my daughter - as they were "not allowed to be in the hallways by themselves". There isn't much to do for the kids. The unit (212) was very nicely decorated, but, again, not very kid friendly. I felt like I constantly had to get onto my kids to not touch anything. Today, I saw a $200 charge on my card from AFTER we checked out and when I called they said "my children drew on the table with a sharpie" - so, first, they did not. I have a picture from not even 15 minutes after we checked in that the line "connecting the dots" on a very "artsy" coffee table was already there - and in my opinion (because I looked at it while we were there) was part of the design - was it not, it wasn't from my kids. Again a picture is worth a thousand words. My bigger problem was, though, that they would just charge me and not call me and say "hey, we are charging you for this..." so I could have a chance to say "umm, nope, got a picture from when we checked in - that mark was there". They were also very rude about taking care of it and said "dispute it with your credit card" and "you can call the manager tomorrow"... so, I emailed the manager pictures and called my credit card company...they said send them the pictures and they will dispute the charge.

Room Tip: Not for kids - do NOT take family here!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank vic2riad67
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

A nice get away for the husband and myself. Our unit was a 1 bed room 1 bath. Kitchen was tiny but sufficient. Very nicely decorated. Bed comfortable. This complex is located on east beach away from town. Very quiet. Great veiw of the gulf. Great beach to walk and sit on. Would definitely come back. My only suggestion would be to post wifi password and maybe a list of channels for tv. Other than that great place.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Beth M
Reviewed March 16, 2017

Im not even sure where to start with this… My family and I decided to stay somewhere different for this trip to Galveston (we normally always stay at The Victorian) As soon as we arrived to the Islander East, we were all hopping out of the car and were walking up to check in. The front desk attendant immediately aggressively told my father “I am NOT checking you in until you move out of my fire lane!” So, we politely moved the car and started to unload. Little did we know this would set the tone for the stay there. Throughout the weekend stay, we were constantly being scolded and griped at for everything we did. Even when swimming in the pool and playing catch with a *Tiny* ball. The front desk attendant who was an older man with glasses, and the manager were extremely rude throughout our entire stay. Every move we made we were waiting for them to say something to us. As we were leaving the condo, a woman came and told us that the manager had to speak with us before leaving. My father goes to meet with the manager, he already knew it was going to be about the kids. What he didn’t know is that the manager was going to RIP HIM apart for his “parenting skills” … He was told “I can’t believe that anyone would let their kids run around unattended like that. What kind of parent are you!” Among many other things that I can’t even bring myself to type… These kids were on spring break and were having harmless fun. I hope anyone who reads this will understand how hard it is to keep kids entertained and how we can’t have eyes on them 24/7. Needless to say, DO NOT bring kids here – this place is probably targeted for older adults. The only positive thing was the view - it was a beautiful beach view that was nice to wake up to every morning.
In summary, this was the worst place we have ever stayed and will NOT be back. Nor will any of my family and friends after the way we were treated. The hospitality was disgustingly condescending and we wish we would have stayed at The Victorian.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
12  Thank Kortney H
Reviewed February 14, 2017

My wife and I decided to have a quick weekend away from our N Houston home, and found East Island Oasis unit #609 the perfect spot. The owners have recently redone most of the condo, including tile floors, new beds, and a great shower, making #609 feel like new. Though we did not 'cook', we could have in the cozy, but full service kitchen. But the true advantage of Easy Island is the location, on the East End of Galveston Island where the beaches are the best. Direct access to the each across a private walkway allows you to be 'on the beach' within a couple of minutes. We loved walking the beach to the end of the island to the East (a 2 mile trek) as there are few people this time of year, and the beaches are clean and wide.
We spent part of Saturday strolling around downtown Galveston, admiring the architecture and having some great food.

Room Tip: Make sure you check for unit 609: all are not the same
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple