“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Galveston

Motel 6 Galveston
Ranked #43 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We decided to stay here just for a short weekend get away. We first pulled into the parking lot & a guy was sitting in the bed of his truck listening to his Ipod and drinking a few beers. Our room was still being cleaned even though we were told to return after 3 p.m. Trash was left on the floor from previous guests. The following day we went to the beach and were gone all day only to return to an uncleaned room. We had to go to the front desk for clean towels and were given a bath towel, two hand towels and a wash cloth for four of us. Luckily, we saw the cleaning ladies and were able to get more from them. The room was a bit small but it was place to lay our heads for a couple nights. We would not recommend this place to people we liked! This place was not too expensive, but as the saying goes...you get what you pay for.

3 Thank johneric76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Hotel is full of trashy people, the service was absolutely dreadful, they were rude, room was small and nothing was clean. Bed, towels, everything.I have the worst back ache from the bed. Never will I go cheap and stay here again. Oh and there isn't crap to eat near here you have to drive. You've been warned.

3 Thank sasus01
kaplan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Staff at front desk were very friendly however as soon as we got out of the car we were approached by a girl trying to sell us 2 cell phones when I said no she said she had a ring for sale again I said absolutely not! So I brought the kids to pool while waiting for our room where we encountered another bad experience and that did it for me we immediately went to front desk and cancelled our reservations we never even went into our room I do not recommend this motel to anyone there on a FaMILY vacation

2 Thank leah s
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are only here for one night about 8 hours (yes I'm counting). We stayed at a Hilton last night for our honeymoon and drove here for our cruise tomorrow. The bed linens and towels look dingy. It feels a little unsafe, I guess because of the younger people yelling outside of my door (its 1 am). I am outgoing and can handle anything but fluffy towels and pillows are always a plus. Also there's a funny smell and the shower floor is peeling and in need of a facelift. I can't wait to leave. We were actually considering doing so but sucked it up still basking in our newlywed glow!

• Stayed May 2012
Emmaus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

This was a very small room with hard, uncomfortable beds, and very few places to put our luggage. It was clean and cheap, though, and right next to I-45, and so fairly easy to get to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bern666
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

The room was very nice but small. Very updated but no refrigerator to put our cold drinks in. Overall very pleasant! Housekeeping forgot to clean our room... but the staff was able to help out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Karensslove
Orange
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were so clean and inviting. Was very impressed with the remodeling job done at this Motel 6. (7404 Ave J). I am disabled so had one of the bottom floor accessible rooms. Really enjoyed it and there was ample room for me to wheel my wheelchair around in. Great bathroom for a disabled person too. The only problem was the bed was hard as a rock, why I don't know but it was miserable and I just couldn't fall asleep. That is really the only problem I had there. Except for that everything else was great.

Room Tip: Rooms 113 and 114 are right in front of the pool.