“Roach motel seriously. Roaches crawling everywere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Galveston

Super 8 Galveston
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Galveston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

My children, husband & I walked into the room and roaches were crawling everywere. They were in the bathroom, on the carpet crawling around, crawling up the the walls, and the bed sheets. My daughter pulled the blanket back and roaches started crawling out from under the blankets We got our bags and checked out exactly 5 minutes later. They did refund our money. But this was a roach motel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
DFW, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

My fiance and I stayed here one night during a Texas Road Trip in July 2009. Our check in was fine & the staff was nice. The room smelled musty & the carpet felt dirty (wear your sandals). The room had a nice, clean bathroom area & everything in the room worked. Cold AC was Great!!! The pool was pretty nice too. Breakfast was cereal & muffins.. no complaints there.

The only issue I had was parking in the front. It was difficult to get in and out (and we have a Honda Civic). Overall, not bad for the price, just look at it as a luxury dorm room! :o)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
beachrus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

Motel was relatively clean. Location good. We left a battery charger with rechargeable batteries in an outlet in our room. The motel management and cleaning crew cannot find them and are not concerned about them being taken out of the room. They vanished. Manager not nice to deal with. Worth it for a few more dollars to go on the Seawall where they may value their guests and their guests 'possessions.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

This place was excellent value for money and only a block from Seawall. The rooms were clean, large, with fridge and microwave and the front desk staff were helpful and polite. There is even a breakfast supplied but I cant comment on that as I didnt take it. This place was exactly what we wanted for a low-cost couple of days at the beach and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Corinth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

Stayed here twice this summer. Took a child I mentored who had never seen the beach, returned & took her older sister. The fold out couch seperated by a 1/2 wall was perfect...like she had her own "space"! Big, clean room, cold a/c, microwave, mini fridge. Smaller pool but clean. Good location. Waffle house within walking distance. Free continental breakfast (bagels, muffins, cereal, juice etc.) Free internet use in lobby. Front desk very friendly & helpful. Book online for best last minute rates. 2nd time called about rate, manager remembered me and gave me rate 5.00 a nite less than before & paid less when we decided to stay Fri-Sat. Paid $55 a nite in the middle of summer! Not a fancy place like other hotels but great deal for little money!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Natchitoches, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

This is a very nice hotel. The front desk is very friendly and is willing to help you in any way. The rooms are renovated from Ike, you can't tell it was hit at all. It's a block from Seawall, so it is in a good location. My 2 boys & I enjoyed it here and we will go back....
I will say the only down side was the hot tub, it was dirty and not working. I'm sure it is because they are trying to get rooms done first.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Bloomington,Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2009

Me and my niece stayed there just before hurricane ike hit and one of the daytime clerks was rude as ever and ripped me off on the room prices she gave me a number to call and they booked it for 42.00 and she charged us 62.00 plus a depoist. Never heard of that before, we ask for the front but she put us in the back in
a nasty old room, they own the hotel directly behind it to. Which is nice.
The pool was nasty, and the hot tub was cold, we were there for
2 days. But the town was great and we enjoyed walking on the pier 61
from Bloomington, In

• Liked — The location was 1block from the ocean
  • Disliked — some of the personel at the ffront desk
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)