“Horrible... do not stay here!”
Review of Super 8 Galveston

Super 8 Galveston
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is not a 2-star hotel as advertised. Should be listed as 1/2-1 star. The pictures you see online must have been taken 20 years ago. It was seedy, unclean and less than desirable. The first room reeked of smoke and the second had a musty, weird smell. Both had beatup doors, paint peeling from walls and ceiling, unwashed and old comforters, beatup furniture and headboards, and nasty bathrooms. It was just a mess. Looked like some hotel where people rent by the hour. I had 3 teenage girls with me and would have slept in my car before I let them stay there for 1 evening. Ended up leaving after seeing second room. I was so horrified with the conditions that I forgot to take pictures of what it really looks like. Just please beware if booking this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very happy with my stay at Super 8, room was very clean, beds were super comfy. I was very impressed with the free breakfast. Front desk staff very friendly. I would definitely stay again. Thanks again, Irene

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
A Wyndham traveler
Texas City
Reviewed July 3, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was a pretty good place. We were only there to sleep and the beds were soft and comfy. I am not one who cares about how it's decorated, but it's your average economy type hotel. Our room was very clean. The pool was nice and clean. You could easily walk to the seawall because its just one block away! We stayed Wednesday night through Friday night. They jacked the price way up for Sat night so we had to leave. That was the only flaw.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year when we visited Galveston. It was a great experience and when we decided to come back to Galveston, there was no question about where we would stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Check in folks were nice n o personality though. As we entered the room there was a certain bad smell ...turned on the bathroom sink and my feet started to get wet...yes it was leaking. Someone did come to check on us as we were settling in the room and we did mention the leak ...the maintenace responded quickly and it was fixed. The second day i was blow drying my hair and the dryer overheated and sparked off...it never came back on... i just did not have a dryer for the stay ...i did not mention it to them..i just wanted the stay to be over...The second day my little 4 year boy was getting his toy from tthe top of the night table and the table fell over/broke when my husband and i looked at it.... one to table legs was warped and was bent... not sure why they would leave unsafe furniture around but anyway...the last thing was in the shower floor there was a ball of hair in the corner not mine diffrent color of hair and by the way there were a couple of hairs on the bed blankets..i had a bad experience and i payed 180 a night for this hotel...sorry never again...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family