“We enjoyed our stay.”

Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Tulsa, OK
“We enjoyed our stay.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was a pretty good place. We were only there to sleep and the beds were soft and comfy. I am not one who cares about how it's decorated, but it's your average economy type hotel. Our room was very clean. The pool was nice and clean. You could easily walk to the seawall because its just one block away! We stayed Wednesday night through Friday night. They jacked the price way up for Sat night so we had to leave. That was the only flaw.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas City
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year when we visited Galveston. It was a great experience and when we decided to come back to Galveston, there was no question about where we would stay.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Houston
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Check in folks were nice n o personality though. As we entered the room there was a certain bad smell ...turned on the bathroom sink and my feet started to get wet...yes it was leaking. Someone did come to check on us as we were settling in the room and we did mention the leak ...the maintenace responded quickly and it was fixed. The second day i was blow drying my hair and the dryer overheated and sparked off...it never came back on... i just did not have a dryer for the stay ...i did not mention it to them..i just wanted the stay to be over...The second day my little 4 year boy was getting his toy from tthe top of the night table and the table fell over/broke when my husband and i looked at it.... one to table legs was warped and was bent... not sure why they would leave unsafe furniture around but anyway...the last thing was in the shower floor there was a ball of hair in the corner not mine diffrent color of hair and by the way there were a couple of hairs on the bed blankets..i had a bad experience and i payed 180 a night for this hotel...sorry never again...

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Conroe
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This property was not originally a Windham property. When they purchased it they did not bother to update the website information. The website shows a spa adjacent to the pool...it no longer exists unless it sits below the Gazebo presently on the apron of the pool. The room was clean, cool (note the date) and reasonably priced. The breakfast was better than expected. The staff was efficient and friendly. You have go be very observing to find the driveway entrance nestled in with another motel, a waffle house and a Chinese restuarant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaplan, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was the worst stay ever. It started they said I did not have reservation when I am holding reservation number in my hand that I had made in Feb 2013. Then when I finally got the rooms, it wasn't the right rooms because I reserved smoking rooms, I had my 72 year old mother with me and she was in the room alone when the staff came and was very rude to her about the smoking . My room they had to change a/c unit 4 times and the other room 5 times, before we were able to half way get air. I would not recommend this place to friends or family. I would like to get my money back for this stay also. Then the swimming pool was nasty green water in it and very small area. I had rooms on the bottom floor so the noise in the room on top was horrible, it sounded like they were going to fall through the ceiling, and when you called to complain no one ever went and the noise got louder. The parking lot was very small and hard on the tires. Then when you ask for more towels the look at you like your crazy and ask how many people are in the room, you tell me 4 people have to use only 2 towels and washcloth. We were told by a paper hanging in the restroom that we had to use the same towels and hang them to dry and reuse. "Would you do that at your house", that is nasty.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at this motel it was very noisy from the neighbors and you complain and nothing...