Super 8 by Wyndham Galveston
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$199
ComfortInn
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$170
QualityInn
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$152
$170
$161
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
$349
$289
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$187
Hilton.com
$161
  • Restaurant
$229
Travelocity
All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanshort walk to the beachyogurtmini fridgesea walloff seasonseawallhairdryerchannelsratesconsproscouchwalmart
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed in Galveston Super 8 and was impressed with the quality of the accommodation but very disappointed with the customer service and the ability to sleep. I am a professional triathlete and was in town for the Ironman Texas 70.3. As the race was about 5 horus in duration I requested a late check out and was told that the latest would be 1 or 2 pm. I was satisfied with this answer but on the morning of the race when we returned, we were constantly hassled to get out even being told at one point that we had 20 minutes to leave (it was only 12:45 when we checked out).
In addition, the night before the race I got only 2 hours sleep because the person occupying the room above mine was partying until 3AM. After being woken up several times I finally called the night clerk and asked him to take care of it. He made an effort but the problem was not taken care of. We finally had to go over to the front desk and demand that they stop the noise or we would not be paying for the room.
Overall, I am not satisfied with my stay and will not likely stay or recommend that location in the future. They need to work on customer service and policies for noise, even if it means they make an unruly guest vacate in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Over all the stay was nice. Wish check in time could be a little sooner though. Like the fact so many eating places are right around the corner. Could have had a television guide of some sort so we knew what channels were what. Would like to stay again, maybe with a disounted price. If I could get a discounted price, I would definately go at least once a month

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family (4 chidlren & 2 adults) and I stayed here for our Spring Break!
CONS: The price is just too out of line, no iron, iron board, trash bags and the carpet is just completely FILTHY and STICKY. DO NOT DARE to walk barefooted in the room or you will end up with your feets pitch black. Continental breakfast is the worst, they need to definetly make some changes: add ons (Thank God there is a Waffle House in the same parking lot).
Pros: Great location (but no ocean view) walking distance from the seawall, beds are comfortable, nice room deco, friendly staff and great service as our frig was not working when we arrived and it was replaced in less than 10 minutes from reporting it to the front desk!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The air conditioning was putting out an order and it was making my grandson nose run as well as mine. I went to the desk and the attended came to the room to check it out. So he turned it off and bought us a fan it helped a lot. The next morning I went too see if they had a room for me to move too. I was amazed at the room. It had hard wood floors, and immediately I could feel the difference with my breathing which made our stay more enjoyable. We have stayed in the same motel for the past 8 years and it get better every year.

Gannie

Room Tip: On the front if possible.