Super 8 Galveston
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beachcomber Inn(Galveston)
View Hotel
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites(Galveston)
View Hotel
All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanshort walk to the beachyogurtmini fridgesea walloff seasonfree breakfastseawallhairdryerchannelsratesconsproscouchwalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the super 8 for 6 nights. The first night on the second floor, the remainder downstairs after I requested the move as my hubby has bad knees. The staff was super nice and accomodating- I had the opportunity to enteract with 6 or more during our stay. As for other reviews of damp or dirty, get a clue folks--its the beach! My room smelled way nicer than the fishy sea air and everything was clean and comfy. The condition of the room was nice, and the decor was cheery as one wall was painted aqua--the trim at the ceiling was an elegant touch. (unusually high ceiling for a motel that made the room extra spacious!) The breakfast was 2 varieties frozen waffles, 3 cereals, oatmeal,toast, cinnamon rolls, yougurt, fresh fruit,orange and apple juices and coffee. Who needs more? We were perfectly satisfied with our stay, location, price and service. And kudos to Latoya for being such a sweetie with my endless questions!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Our stay here was terrible! We had a trip planned and were staying at Moody Gardens for just $160 per night. We decided to come up a night early and we used priceline.com to reserve this room (we were getting in between 10 and 11pm and I didn't want to pay for MGs if we could not spend the day there) after I was told we could get this for just $60 for the 8 hours we would be staying. That $60 turned into $75, which was then $100 after their taxes and room fees. THEN when we got there, we had been told they had roll outs for our children and we had said we would need room for 4 when we booked-- we get there and they said they were out of rollouts; our only option was to pay another $30 to "Upgrade" to a room with two queens versus one king. The lady at the desk-- black lady with frizzy black hair-- was rude and not budge on the additional charges. For 8 hours at this super 8 we were now at $130 in fees. We finally went to park and there wasn't one open spot and I was told parking isn't gaurenteed- if you find it it is a courtesy although it is listed as one of their accommodations in their room brochures (same with the pull out beds and cribs); After all this we get into the room and the carpet was pulled up-- you could see wood, there were unfixed holes in the walls, the bedding had stains, there was a used diaper in our garbage, old food in the fridge, pee spots around the toilet in the bathroom and long, thick hairs all over the shower. At 11pm I spoke to a man at the desk-- apparently 10pm is shift change-- he had thought this was our second room (which it wasn't) he agreed we deserved some type of refund and said I would get a call at 8am the next day. He also sent someone to clean the bathroom-- he came at midnight. I was at the store and came back and went to bed-- when I woke up at 6am to shower there were STILL Long thick black nasty hairs all over the shower. I waited until 11.30 and got their manager, Dawna, who said she didn't have a message saying she would call and then said she spoke to the owner who would only sarcastically say "too bad." I have photographs of everything and have already completed my bbb.org complaint. DONT BOTHER with this hotel. Buyer beware. If i could figure out how to load my photographs from my cell to here I would.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else. Moody Gardens was only $30 more and it was MUCH nicer
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank schiperno
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in August before Ike hit,, then again just in May of 2012 because of the price of the room on AARP. We would have more money left to spend around the island and on gas driving there and it is a no frills hotel but great location mid island and one block off the beach and yes driving through the Waffle House parking lot to their front entrance..it was clean but not fancy, the breakfast was toast or cereal, waffles with coffee and orange juice but hey, there is the Waffle house right there and McDonalds just across the street! We got a king second floor and mistakenly picked smoking somehow,,,they had no rooms to change us into so we kept the smoking and it was not bad, smelled fresh, we just threw the bedspread on the floor,,, the sheets and mattress, yes I checked!,, were newer and very clean!! Bathroom was very clean, good hot water and pressure, cold A/C,,,,,was in room 222. We had to walk through construction workers the first night drinking beer outside their rooms on the walk way,,, did not care for that too much,,,but I know they had to be there for their jobs. The pool was clean, I would stay again just to get to visit Galveston Island!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This was my fourth time staying at this hotel, but it sure has gone downhill in the past year. We walked in, and the first thing we noticed was a very moldy smell. The bedspread was filthy... it even felt filthy to the touch. The carpets were so dirty our feet were black from walking around on them. The baby crawled on the floor and her knees and hands were black. The second morning, we were woken by a woman banging on our door yelling "open the door, b****". Never again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I made a reservation on line thru priceline so i got a good deal on the room. But as soon as i walked in the door i got a rude lady who checked me in. We called a few days before coming to make sure we were getting a king size room that was smoking, and i was told i was put down for that kind of room . But when we got here the lady said um sorry we didnt save that kind of room and got stuck in a 2 double bed non smoking room. The rooms are not updated and they paint and walls are all messed up the sheets are tore up. Its basically a crappy room. Nothing special at all. If you can get past the b****** at the front desk you might be ok. There not helpful at all there rude. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE FOR THIS PLACE. If you have to stay here book it online so its cheaper. You get what you pay for basically.

Room Tip: Dont get stuck on the back side of the hotel you cant see anything. DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple