“A decent, cheap stay in Galveston”
Review of Super 8 Galveston

Super 8 Galveston
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“A decent, cheap stay in Galveston”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed here for one night, on a whim. The accommodations were average, the room smelled of smoke and we were given a bottom of motel quality lavendar room freshner, which really didn't help at all. The bathroom was very nice, granite walls and porcelain tub; on the other side, the toilet roll holder was rusted and falling off the wall. The bathroom door brushed against the toilet everytime you closed/opened the door. The beds were large, moderately comfortable; definitely nothing to write home about. If you are looking for a cheap stay, for a night or two, this place is recommended. Just don't expect above the top quality.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Haughton, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2012

we rented 6 rooms on Priceline, got there around 10:30pm after driving 300 miles after work. Walked into the room on the first floor and it was damp as if there was a water leak under the flooring. requested another room and the lady at the desk said that we had to return withing 15 minutes or we had to stay without a refund. The other room 111 smelled of raw sewage, was horrific! Was unable to get another room. The tiles were peeling off the wall, parts were rusted, toilet did not flush well. You could see where someone has patched holes and left plaster but did not sand nor paint. I waited to shower at the nest place I got to - instead of at the super 8. One room had bugs. The sheets were clean and we checked for bed bugs and there were none. So I guess that is good - That was the best part of the trip. The free breakfast was : little muffin, bagel with some cream cheese, bread. They had a toaster, milk , of, apple juice and a coffee pot. Hey- it was free! the waffle House is within walking distance-

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Galveston hotels

shreveport, la
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I guess the saying is always true, you get what you pay for. Typical super 8. They said it had been renovated but looks like someone with zero painting/ remodeling skills performed the job! I was not impressed at all. We had a total of 14 people in our party and EVERY room was under par.
The first room that we were assigned smelled like wet stale carpet. The sheets had so much humidity and moisture from outside that they were damp. Also there were makeup stains and black hairs on the pillow cases and sheets. The toilet seat was stained and had hairs on it. yuck. We were able to change to an upstairs room. The second room was dryer and didn't smell as bad. There was water damage stains on the ceiling and the shower rod was very loose. After getting settled in for the night we found roaches in the bathroom/sink area of the room on the floor and trim of the wall... THAT IS NASTY! If it's a 5 star or 1 star. Bugs are completely unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, parking is very tight for people driving a large truck or suv. The lobby area was clean. Management at night was not friendly. Management during the day was ok. The only nice thing i can say about this place was the local sea gulls that ate our dry muffins from the continental breakfast. This trip showed me that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I guess i just have too high of standards??? I would not stay in this super 8 in the future..

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I had a reservation for 2 rooms for one night. When I got there they told me it had been canceled because my card declined, she explained they have a 48 hour cancelation policy and that it gets authorized before you arrive. My question is what if that card is only to hold the reservation? or what if the person doesn't want to pay with their card? I work for Wyndham and I felt like this was bad customer service because they don't even notify you. This was a huge inconvenience specially because Galveston Tx was extremely busy and there were virtually no hotels with rooms anymore.
I was dissapointed to say the least.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 12, 2012

These people were very nice and professional. We purchased this as a gift for someone else on a non refundable ticket. When it became obvious the trip was not going to go as planned, we thought we were going to be out of luck, but the management here went above and beyond to help us. I will stay at this hotel every chance I get because it is obvious the customer comes first at this location!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Groesbeck texas
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I just got back from Madri gras in Galveston and was traveling with a disabled family member this hotel for the price and location can not be beat. I had a roll in shower and super nice staff all for under 150.00 for 3 days. it is a short block from the seawall and close enough to walk to gro store, 4 restuarants 3 fast food places and starbucks what more could you ask for. my6 only complaint was the toilet seat was a bit wobbly. If you are traveling on a budget this is the spot.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank everforever5
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I was nervous when I booked with Super 8 due to all the negative reviews.

However, from the moment I arrived until when I checked out, my experience has been nothing but positive! The staff was friendly, the room was clean, everything worked as it's supposed to and it was surprisingly quiet.

The motel is also very conveniently located near the seawall and there is a Walmart, Kroger and Randall's all equally nearby in case you need anything.

For the price we paid, it was EXTREMELY worth it. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple