“Outstanding food and service”

Bryants Jungle Cafe
Ranked #90 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Home of the Original Jungle Restaurant Classics like the Hippo Hoagie, Cheetah Pita, Aardvark Club, Cougar Cuban, Dog Gone Wild and much more. Now BOI owned and still family operated. Dine in, Carry out, and Delivery to all of Galveston. With patio seating and a warm family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went to The Jungle twice for lunch. The staff was terrific - friendly and welcoming; the food was excellent. Try the chicken soup and the chicken salad.

2  Thank Black Lab Nickie

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were in Galveston this past weekend and tried this place and man I am glad I did we walked in the door we were greeted very friendly .We ordered the staff was very friendly and helpful .when the food came what a surprise the food was great .Try the baked beans they are the best. We will sure be back on out next trip to Galveston.

2  Thank Jerry H
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have been at our weekend place down here for a year now and finally went to The Jungle for an easy dinner just after we arrived. We walked in and we immediately greeted by a very friendly staff. Grabbed a menu and sat down so we could take it all in before placing our order.
We went for the hotdogs...they have several different choices and "styles" and all genuine Nathans brand franks. I got the chili and cheese and a good old kraut dog. The wife got a plain dog and the Frito pie.
They have plenty of other great entrees on the menu as well as several sides. Everything on the menu is homemade so it's not like going to some fast food joint. This is a legit restaurant... the food was great and we were impressed with all the homemade sides. bTW...nothing if fried either.
We chatted after dinner with the very friendly young lady behind the counter. She told us it was a family owned and ran place. I give them even more props to have started and made a successful business in this economy.
We grabbed a menu to take home so we could take advantage of their delivery. Get this...the delivery area is a ten mile radius! That basically the entire Isle. That rocks!
This place has earned it's way into our regular dining circle.
I think next time we will try the shrimp burger and a Gyro....

2  Thank Montecore1
Reviewed November 25, 2011

While staying in Galveston our family dined at the Jungle on suggestion by local people who live there. We were a little aprehenisve at first because the outside looked like it might be a store instead of a diner. When we walked in the smell of the foods immediatly had our mouths watering. I had the Chili Spagehetti and the Dog Gone South. My wife had the Cheetah Pita, and the kids had hot dogs. We all ordered sodas as well as chips. The food was well priced, and the owners were great people who actually cared about our expirence.
The Chili Spagehtetti was the best I had ever had. Hands down, the cheese, the wonderful aroma was very pleasurable.
My wife was VERY happy with the Cheeta Pita, a turkey and spinach on a WHEAT pita bread (She also had the choice of white) and WOW she ate ever bite and ordered another to take with her.
The kids even LOVED their hotdogs. These are not small weenies, they are Nathans 1/4 lb hotdogs. They make them in so many ways I would have to eat there every day for a week to try them all (if not more)

I am aprehensive to give it five stars only because there is not more stars to give. This is a REAL small business who CARES about the tourists and locals alike.They get busy during lunch so plan for it.

Guess what else one of my kids found out. The DELIVER! We had the Jungle again the next day and I got a chance to try the GYRO. YUMMY!

We highly suggest this hidden secret that locals keep to themselves.

5  Thank Crispy75460
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Every once in awhile, you find that hidden gem of a mom and pop restaurant like The Jungle Restaurant in Galveston. Great service, very friendly staff and a menu full of great sandwiches, soups, chili all made fresh. The Hippo Hoagie is the restaurants meatloaf sandwich, the best I have ever had. The baked beans are to die for and the chili spaghetti was better then my favorite place called Skyline.

4  Thank David A