“Bad communication and logistics”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of S-n-G Horseback Riding - CLOSED

S-n-G Horseback Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach rides are only 45 per person per hour ride. This is on public beach you are more than welcome to take your horse out in the water we do not crowd the ppl on the public beach we share. Then we have a beautiful bay ride that is 35 per hour per person this ride is on private land so you see birds of all kinds cows and calves, crabs fish, and the greatest part of the ride is the quite and unstressing.
San Antonio, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Bad communication and logistics”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were really looking forward to this. We had some trouble getting in touch with SnG to set up a time to ride their horses. (It took 4 days of messages, finally a callback on the forth day.)

When they called back, we scheduled a ride for our family for the next day. We were given directions to a meeting place 40 minutes from where we were staying in Galveston, and told to look out for their horse trailer. Nobody from SnG showed up at the appointed time.

After waiting around for a while, we managed to get them on the phone. We were told that all rides for the day were cancelled due to a funeral. Obviously, I realize people have little control over these kinds of things, but I figured they would have known about it the night before when they scheduled our ride. Further, we should have been called when they noticed the error.

We were so upset about this miscommunication and the general difficulty we had scheduling our ride in the first place that we decided not to bother.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank Gary D

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Born to Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This review is a little late seeing how I went on 04/30/2014 for my birthday, but I wanted to do it while it was still on my mind. I'd been wanting to try this since last year but something happened so I reminded my reluctant mom and sister that it would be happening in 2014! And it did! And it was fun! I booked it about 2 weeks in advance and it was no trouble booking it! I informed them we here a hefty group of ladies and would need sturdy horses and he assured me they could accommodate. He called me a the morning of to inform me he changed the location and gave me the new location. We had a little trouble finding it, but he was always by the phone to assist in guiding us there. Our wrangler/guide/horse whisperer was Lee who was so down to earth and funny (and cute)! He just moved to the area and was new to SnG, but had traveled to the Houston are all throughout his life. He answered all our questions, put us at ease, handled the horses when they had their moments and kept up laughing and talking all the way. He even took picture of us to remember our ride. It was a beautiful day along the beach for it too! This was my first horseback ride and I couldn't believe when the hour was over! I can't wait to book my next ride with Lee!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Amanda R
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Definitely the Best Horseback Riding Attraction in the Houston Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Was surprised to find the S-n-G horseback riding attraction as number one in Galveston and decided to check it out. Was a bit surprised at the lack of information regarding the times and rides provided at the website as well as at the informal pre-recorded greeting on the phone. Took some time to find the correct spot in the west end of the Galveston Island - the navigator brought us to the address that the website listed, however, it turned out we had to drive more and more and get to the actual bridge (had never been in that part of Galveston before). Once the bridge was passed, the horses were easy to spot. Nobody else showed up, so it was just my boyfriend, myself and our guide, Jason. We took the ride along the beach, and it was simply fantastic! The beauty of the ride was in its flexibility. My boyfriend got a chance to try and direct his horse as he wanted, I was able to make mine walk knee-deep in the sea, and Jason was very kind to make lots of pictures. The sun, the sea, the breeze - it was most amazing! To top it off, Jason was very kind to ask his boss's permission for me to try out a Tennessee Walker that they had among other horses - I took a short ride on its back. Thank you so much! P.S. Helmets are not required and there is hardly any bathroom in sight - it is a wild beach.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Belle_etrangere
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Out in Galveston on a vacation and convinced everyone to go horseback riding. We had amazing workers with us, Lee, Kyle, and Paula. They were very involved in making sure we had an amazing time taking us out in the surf and just talking. Would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a nice relaxing family time!

1 Thank Julia J
Dallas, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So much Fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

The trailboss was very friendly and helpful, the horses were incredible and well trained, and the kids were hilarious!!! If you go, ask for Lee!!!!

Visited June 2014