“A monthly Adventure”
Review of S-n-G Horseback Riding - CLOSED

S-n-G Horseback Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach rides are only 45 per person per hour ride. This is on public beach you are more than welcome to take your horse out in the water we do not crowd the ppl on the public beach we share. Then we have a beautiful bay ride that is 35 per hour per person this ride is on private land so you see birds of all kinds cows and calves, crabs fish, and the greatest part of the ride is the quite and unstressing.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My friends and I (different ones depending on everyone's availability) come and go ridding about once a month. If it was up to me I would be coming here much much more often :) Im not the best rider ever but I have a blast. My group always does the bay ride simply because we are there to ride not so much take in the view , since we all live at the beach already. We have been coming for a while now and have been through a couple of wranglers and I have to honestly say that the guy we had this last time was an absolute blast, great conversation, and very tolerant of my inability to steer the horse very well lol. For anyone that is coming out from out of town definitely make this part of your trip. You wont regret it :)

1  Thank Jillianhour

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family and I have gone on several trail rides with SnG Horseback Riding and have always had a blast. We have gone both on the beach and bay rides too. When in Galveston, you have to visit Terri and Charlie and go on the ride of your life time!!!

2  Thank pocotara517
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm an experienced rider but an item on my "bucket list" has always been to gallop a horse on a beach. I had no idea this was something I could do in Galveston! I rode out alone with Nicole at 10 a.m. on a Monday morning in February and the experience could not have been better. The weather was beautiful (not too hot, not too cold), and we had the beach to ourselves. I rode the sweet, blue-eyed paint, Trigger and he was delightful - willing to go fast when I wanted, willing to walk when I wanted and everything in between. Nicole was very nice and did everything she could to make the experience fun for me, and she also hopped off her horse to take as many pictures of me on my horse as I asked. I can't wait to do this again soon! One note: be sure to make advance reservations. In the "off season" they don't saddle the horses unless they know they have someone coming, and in the busy season she said they can get REALLY busy.

1  Thank Gary L
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a great time on our beach ride. Our guide was pleasant and laid back. We are beginner riders but our horses, War Dog and Bob, were easy going. The only bad part of the experience was the dirt "road" leading to the stables, and by road I mean mud pit. Unless you have a large pickup truck, DO NOT venture down this road. Our Prius barely made it through the inbound trip only to get stuck on the way out. Thankfully the owners were nice enough to tow us out TWICE. Do yourself a favor and park just off the road and walk. Your shoes will get muddy but you'll avoid a potentially embarrassing situation which, according to the owners, happens all the time.

1  Thank Jason H