“You have to go on a trail ride!!!”
Review of S-n-G Horseback Riding - CLOSED

S-n-G Horseback Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach rides are only 45 per person per hour ride. This is on public beach you are more than welcome to take your horse out in the water we do not crowd the ppl on the public beach we share. Then we have a beautiful bay ride that is 35 per hour per person this ride is on private land so you see birds of all kinds cows and calves, crabs fish, and the greatest part of the ride is the quite and unstressing.
Bellville, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You have to go on a trail ride!!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family and I have gone on several trail rides with SnG Horseback Riding and have always had a blast. We have gone both on the beach and bay rides too. When in Galveston, you have to visit Terri and Charlie and go on the ride of your life time!!!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank pocotara517

Plano
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss this”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm an experienced rider but an item on my "bucket list" has always been to gallop a horse on a beach. I had no idea this was something I could do in Galveston! I rode out alone with Nicole at 10 a.m. on a Monday morning in February and the experience could not have been better. The weather was beautiful (not too hot, not too cold), and we had the beach to ourselves. I rode the sweet, blue-eyed paint, Trigger and he was delightful - willing to go fast when I wanted, willing to walk when I wanted and everything in between. Nicole was very nice and did everything she could to make the experience fun for me, and she also hopped off her horse to take as many pictures of me on my horse as I asked. I can't wait to do this again soon! One note: be sure to make advance reservations. In the "off season" they don't saddle the horses unless they know they have someone coming, and in the busy season she said they can get REALLY busy.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gary L
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice & peaceful but don't park there”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a great time on our beach ride. Our guide was pleasant and laid back. We are beginner riders but our horses, War Dog and Bob, were easy going. The only bad part of the experience was the dirt "road" leading to the stables, and by road I mean mud pit. Unless you have a large pickup truck, DO NOT venture down this road. Our Prius barely made it through the inbound trip only to get stuck on the way out. Thankfully the owners were nice enough to tow us out TWICE. Do yourself a favor and park just off the road and walk. Your shoes will get muddy but you'll avoid a potentially embarrassing situation which, according to the owners, happens all the time.

1 Thank Jason H
North Richland Hills, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Definitely worth doing!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Great bay front trail and surrounding area!
First timers were very impressed and appreciated not being "babied".
Fun!

1 Thank Diane H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great find!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I took my girlfriend to Galveston for her birthday and decided to surprise her with a horse ride and boy was it a great decision. The place is a little hard to find but once we got there the guide quickly got us saddled up an ready to go. We did the 1 hour ride on the beach and it was simply awesome. Our guide, Doyle if I remember correctly, was so nice and patient. He even stopped and hopped off his horse to take pictures for us. The ride itself was very romantic. We had a 5:30 appointment time so we were able to catch the sunset on the beach while riding back. Definitely scored me some brownie points today. Thanks SnG!

By the way, they only take cash so have money on hand before you go. We had to run to the ATM since all we had were credit /debit cards.

3 Thank Tophrr