“A Three Way Please”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

If you like oysters cooked go for a combo called a 3 way. Served Rockefeller, Crab and Spicy Shrimp. All on the half shell. Place gets crowded around 6 so be ready to wait on Fridays and Saturday nights.
Great vale too.

There are newer reviews for Black Pearl Oyster Bar and Grille

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went to Black Pearl For the first time especially to get the dozen raw oysters advertised for $9.95 only to find that the offer is available only during certain hours. Of course, this was not during the time my husband and I were there. We ordered a dozen and paid $13.95 which is not the best or worst price we've ever paid. I ordered the crab cakes and my hubby ordered a seafood platter only to be told that oysters for the platter were not available which was very disappointing. Instead he would get 3 extra shrimp and a piece of catfish.
My crab cakes were very good. The SF platter came with lots of onion rings, fried shrimp, and a piece of catfish that looked like boxed catfish filets. It all looked over fried and over breaded to me but husband said the shrimp were good and the catfish was OK. I tasted the catfish and it
tasted like any run of the mill fish filet that you get. It definitely did not have a distinctive catfish flavor. Neither of us ate any onion rings so I cannot remark on their taste. My husband ordered
a Corona which he said was not very cold. I suggested he ask for another or a frosted mug but
our waitress was so busy he felt sorry for her and didn't. Would I go back to Black Pearl? Maybe to get the oyster deal but not anything else.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

But! they must have hired a new Chef! Bland Bland Bland.... Had Shrimp tonight badder fried and bland, Onion rings have changed as well....Bland. No flavor at all. And what happedned to your cocktail sauce?...plently of lemon juice very little horse Radish and lots of Catsup! bland....Recheck /educate your chef I dropped your from very good -excellent to Average... I am afraid now to order your previously superb red beans on rice!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Enjoyed our first night in Galveston by eating here. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the soft shell crab sandwich and gumbo. It was all delicious. Had a little trouble understanding our server because his accent was so thick but he was very nice! Would definitely go here again!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

They may have great food here, but I wouldn't know. We got in on a Thursday evening and heard this was a good place so we went in and sat at the bar. Two men were also at the bar and there were two other four tops. It took a while for the bartender to acknowledge us and had a really surly look on her face. We ordered a beer and decided to start with oysters. She refused to make eye contact after we placed our order and we never ordered another drink. The majority of the time the servers and bus boys were on their phones or socializing with one another. After an hour, we were sitting there with our warm beers and still no food. We saw her arguing with a man because he said he was leaving and she was yelling at him for not waiting on his food. Another server was bringing oysters towards the bar and then took them away. At that point, we couldn't even get anyones attention to cancel our order. We left some money on the bar and left. Can't tell you the last time I had to do that. Over an hour of my life wasted over some domestic draft beer.

2  Thank Vicki C