“Large portions!”

Black Pearl Oyster Bar and Grille
Ranked #9 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Duncanville, Texas
“Large portions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Don't order an appetizer, not because they are not delicious (they are), but because the entry portions are larger than one person can eat. The calamari were fresh and tasty and plentiful. Expect to carry home food.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
“Nifty and Thrifty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped in for oysters. Yeah for Shiner bock on tap. Had the oyster po boy and fried oyster platter and both were high quality and priced right. The fried okra was the best we have had in years. The service was on point and we left satisfied and happy. Highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited February 2013
Austin, Texas
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

This place deserves it's reputation! We had the oysters on the half shell, and the Oysters Haelen, as well as gator bites and and fish and shrimp. Absolutely perfect. And the best hurricane I've had in Galveston (they are strong)! Nice atmosphere and the largest oysters I've seen on the island. We'll definitely make this place a regular stop!

Arlington, TX
“Happy crew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Great waiter easily handled our group of 8. Boys had oysters, they approved. Hubs n I shared cup of gumbo-really a small bowl and good! Tried crab stuffed fried peppers, good. Soso crab cakes. Great blackened fish tacos, great fried fish tacos, great fried shrimp plate, great shrimp diablo-and HOT, good crawfish poboy, appetizer sampler was a hit with my brother law, sisterinlaw loved étouffée, snapper ponchatrain was delicious. Beer was cold and plentiful!

Houston, Texas
“Really wanted to like this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

After reading great reviews, I decided to drive the 15-20 minutes from Moody Gardens for lunch and mainly for the oysters. A few minutes after ordering, the waitress came back and said that they didn't have any oysters today and would probably be out all afternoon, although they might come in at any time. I decided to stick with my shrimp salad and see if the oysters arrived. I was not happy after making the trip over only to not get what I came for. The menu is extremely limited otherwise and there was really nothing else that I would eat. It was a lot of fried options and po boys. My shrimp salad was a HUGE let down. The shrimp were overcooked to the point that they almost didn't need to be chewed. The "remoulade" sauce on the shrimp was also supposed to be the salad dressing for the giant pile of lettuce and nothing else underneath. It was watery and bland. I spent the rest of the day trying to forget what I had eaten.....it was that bad. To add insult to injury, the oysters made it in, although by this point I wasn't feeling well enough to eat them. Another big mis-step in my opinion is that they have NO KIDS MEAL. I had to pay $8 for some catfish strips and fries for my daughter from the appetizer menu. How hard is a kids meal really? $4 and make it half the size. Come on. The only good thing that I can say is that those catfish strips were really good and I don't like fried food. The breading was more like panko bread crumbs and was really crispy. My waitress was really nice and attentive as well, but I won't be returning. There are plenty of other good seafood restaurants on the island.

• Visited January 2013