“Oh the giant bowl of gumbo”

Black Pearl Oyster Bar and Grille
Ranked #8 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Hubs n I shared the giant bowl of gumbo-its a.serving bowl of goodness! I really like their fish tacos n the.chipotle mayo is ahhhhmazing! hubs had shrimp poboy n it was huge!

1  Thank BeachbumAggie

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is where we go in Galveston for what else......? Oysters!!! The raw ones are cold and salty. I got 14 on my tray (baker's dozen + 1).
The service is as good as it gets.

(btw, the photo on the heading of this section is NOT the Black Pearl)

3  Thank tomthbomb
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Finally found a very good fish place. We tried plenty but they were mostly fair. The gumbo GREAT--my wife had oyster bisque. She said real good. You must try this place

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Friends with kids and I decided to give this a whirl on our trip for her birthday. Not realizing it was Galveston art walk we timed it well getting a table for six at six pm with no wait. This place is small and doesn't take reservations. The menu online sounded great and prices were family friendly. Wow what great food. The pearl oyster po-boy with wing sauce & blue cheese looked so good I orderd mine subbing shrimp -- fantastic. Kids can order the shrimp po-boy plain without bread and they receive a shrimp dinner enough for two. Very kind of them to suggest that. The BBQ shrimp is messy, aromatic an delish. One young lady in our party ordered gumbo and thought it was great. A piece of pecan pie, I slipped the waiter our candle and instant birthday cake although noone really had room left and it was not homemade or memorable. Why can't folks make pie crust?? The total was $102 plus tip for three adults/three kids/two Draft beers. I will definitely be back - all the food going by looked awesome.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Small environment, fined with a large group, but they were able to accommodate. Very large portions, terrific food, had a shrimp po-boy w/onion rings and a side of coleslaw. Excellent!