“Great salads!”

Ranked #70 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: New York style pizza, giant pizza slices, calzones, pastas, salads, soups, piadina flatbread sandwiches, fresh pastas, gluten free pasta, gluten free pizza, beer, wine, desserts, kids menu, New York cheesecake. At Russo's New York Pizzeria, we're inspired by the traditional Italian values of family, friends and, of course, food. Our menus deliver delicious Italian meals prepared with our passion for food, fresh ingredients and the goal of providing our guests a distinctive dining experience. Reminiscent of the authentic pizzerias from the Italian neighborhoods, everything is made from scratch with hand-picked ingredients, in traditional Italian style. Into the oven it goes. Russo's New York Pizzerias only use traditional brick ovens because brick ovens give Russo's New York pizza the crisp crust and authentic taste our fans and guests have come to love.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Their salad is so good! Pizza is awesome! Kids always get cheese and we usually get some type of Mediterranean type. Very yummy. Never ordered the other items, it's a pizza place - so we order pizza!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

As the title says, these guys have great pizza. Their pizza is the best I have had anywhere, but every other food which I tried there was bad. And if you go there, don't order a basic type of pizza, like pepperoni pizza. Take prosquto, or greek, or some other of their specialty pizzas.

1  Thank ZandaraL
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This place was pretty good. Little bit of a wait but quality food. Won't disappoint. One of the better places in this area along the coast.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Food was tremendous. I really felt the pizza and toppings where top notched. I just think they want way too much for the food then similar places I have visited before. Still it is worth a stop. If you order a calzone share it! You can feed two with that thing!

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our motel's room keys were imprinted with , "Russo's New York Style Pizzeria" and we were handed coupons to eat there, when we checked in. We shoved them in a drawer in the room not thinking we'd ever bother.

At noon on the second day, we couldn't decide where to eat. I pulled the coupons out and thinking they'd probably be offering a buffet which would get us in and out quickly, suggested we go. Was I glad we did!!!

It was lunchtime so specials were abundant. I ordered a slice of their Italian Works Pizza, their Manhattan Pizza, and a side House Salad. Their Italian Works had large slices of pepperoni, Italian sausage, sliced tomatoes, purple onions and red sauce. The Manhattan was topped with Italian sausage, onions, pepperoni, and red sauce. BOTH were wonderful!

If you're familiar with authentic New York Style Pizza, you know their slices are huge! These fit that bill and the crust was excellent.

My wife ordered their New York Calzone with a Caesar Side Salad. She's a calzone connoisseur and still raves how this was the BEST EVER!

We both finished off lunch with our own Cannoli. The Cannolis were about a "7" on a scale of "1-10".

You order at the register when you enter, then seat yourselves. They then bring your entrees to your table. This was somewhat awkward.

If I remember correctly, after working in his father's Manhattan pizza restaurant from childhood on, Russo moved here and opened shop about 14 years ago. These are authentic New York Style Italian offerings. You won't be disappointed.

Our lunchtime tab prior to tip and after the $10 Off Coupon, with two soft drinks, came to $24.86. This may see pricey for lunch, but I ridiculously ordered TWO slices of pizza! One is plenty, believe me! We took both pizza and part of her Calzone back to the motel for a late night snack.

2  Thank Hardy U