“Good for it's value”

Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Mission, United States
“Good for it's value”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Good for the price you pay. Clean, spacious, comfortable. Would have liked for heating unit to be more noise free and shut off when temp. desired was reached. Shower faucet was stiff and difficult to adjust water temp. You either got hot or cold and when temp adjusted it lacked some water pressure. But overall nothing that was stressful, unacceptable or unpleasent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Areli B
Bijal M, Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 409-766-7070.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The website explicitly lists late check-out available as if it is an added value, even though it does add the caveat (as available). I called the hotel 2 days prior to check-in and the girl I talked to offered no information or explanation as to any policy except to patently tell me that check-in was no earlier than 4:00 p.m. and check-out was no later than noon. I knew that without calling. She said I would have to talk to someone upon check-in. When I checked in at around 6:30 p.m. that Saturday, I asked the young girl at the desk about late check-out. She seemed clueless and basically said she didn’t know, but that I could check with somebody in the morning. She said she doubted it though because she said they were going to be full up that night. I’m thinking to myself that late check-out the following day would be more dependent upon the bookings the following night (being a Sunday). I could quickly tell that it was a pointless conversation and dismissed the idea altogether. The room itself was quite comfortable. I have no complaints. I slept good till the following morning The self serve breakfast left much to be desired. The scrambled eggs looked like some kind of reconstituted product of some sort. The sausage looked like frozen microwave stuff and no one was in attendance checking it or refilling it. That was at 6:30 a.m. right after it was initially put out. I decided I would try to go back to sleep for a bit since I had several hours till noon. I finally gave up. The noise was so bad above me on the second floor…people kept running and stomping and slamming doors over and over and over. Sounded like they were having running up and down the hallway upstairs or something. I finally said to hell with this and loaded up around 10 a.m. and pulled around front. The lobby was full of kids unsupervised apparently. I walked up to the front desk and there was this young guy sitting down behind the desk totally absorbed in his iphone. I just stood there and watched for several minutes and he never looked up. Didn’t even have a clue I was standing there. He was no more paying attention to his job at hand than a man in the moon and that lobby and breakfast area was full of people. He was the only one around. He was obviously unqualified and uninterested from what I saw and with my brief interaction with him. All he cared about was what was on that phone. If that is Best Western’s idea of service, then I think I would take my business down the road and pay a couple of dollars more. The room itself was fine. The quality of service was poor both in action and attitude. Other than that the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. Oh, the remote wouldn't hardly work. Acted like the batteries were about gone, but that was the least of my opinion. Parking sucked. I was attending a wedding and didn't want to have to drive back to Houston. I could have saved the $150.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank 860Larry
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 409-766-7070.

Converse, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights for our 30 anniversary. They put us in a room right next to a room they were remodeling and on Tuesday the noise was so loud we couldnt watch tv or sleep or anything so we went out in an ice storm just to get away from the constant banging. When we got back to the hotel and asked the clerk if they were done yet she said.."they will be done at 8" like this was perfectly normal. Then they finally got done and at 7:30 the next morning the workers were yelling at each other right outside of our room and woke us up. We complained and we got a $20 voucher for our next visit. Like that is going to happen!

1 Thank Sandi M
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Well I apologize for your inconvenience, but we are remodeling the hotel to make it look better.
We could have moved you but that was the only room with a Jacuzzi, if you would have told us before you checked out!

Sorry again for the disturbances.

Bj
Texarkana, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Was about to board the Carnival Cruise Ship Magic in the Galveston, Tx. Port. This motel was conviently located to the Port, was modern, clean and quiet. They had a continental breakfast, so we didn't have to go find "some place" to eat . The food was good, was fresh and well maintained. We will stay there again the next time we go crusin'

3 Thank Shirley S
Bijal M, Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2014

Rochester, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This BW is on the northern end of Galveston Beach and the Seawall and is a short walk to restaurants, drug store, and the beach. The view is spectacular as it looks out over the Gulf and the huge tankers that are setting on the horizon waiting to get into port. Good value for our money.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2014

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay, really. For the low price, I would actually say the value is excellent. And if it had just been my wife and me, it would have been great. But it wasn't.

We came in to Galveston to spend the night before going on a cruise the next morning. The hotel allows you park at their place for free, which is great. But there's no shuttle, so be prepared to pay $12 each way for a taxi to the cruise port.

I made a blunder. I assumed they had cribs. They don't. When we checked in I asked for a crib for my 13 month old. No cribs. Literally no cribs in the entire hotel. We had to a play pen at Walmart down the road. Very sad since that cost about as much our room.

The rooms were a good size and well appointed for a two star hotel. Very clean. Beds comfortable. I was more than pleased with the rooms.

The breakfast area was quite small, and the breakfast was just okay. I would probably skip it next time with my family - and here is why:

They only have one high chair! ONE! So when I took my family of 5 down for breakfast, we had to hold the 13 month old in our laps because someone else was using the high chair, of course. Not fun.

The low rating is due to this lack of family amenities. I would not bring my family back here, however I would stay here for a quick, cheap one night by myself of with my wife the night before a cruise.

Hope that helps!

Stayed December 2013
4 Thank mpugh22
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this review, January 9, 2014

Galveston, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you are in need of a relaxing and quit getaway for you and your loved one.. this is the place to go.. their Jettub is AMAZING!!!! The only problem we had was that we paid for the Oceanview/Pool View Room and Received the one right behind it... We wouldv'e been upset by this but the Jacuzzi took our mind off of it all!!! Honestly regardless of which room you get here it will be a must visit place for couples

2 Thank Monica G
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for the Response. We appreciate your business.

Please Come back and see us again!