“Best Western Galveston seawall”

Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a nice hotel and was very clean and quite. Nice staff, room was well cleaned . Stayed 2 days. Free breakfast was in a small corner of lobby. Food was maybe average...eggs were terrible ( probably powered). waffles, cereal, milk, juice, yogurt were all alright. This hotel is on the end of the seawall. Again the room was very clean and well kept. We did not use the pool.

Room Tip: They also free parking, if this helps. Close to the Galvestorian and cruise port. they did tell us t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian T
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 409-766-7070.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great accommodations, great price! I would definitely stay here again. The room was very nice with two queen beds. Breakfast was great, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. There is a beautiful eating area indoor and outdoor. The employees were very helpful with information about restaurants and entertainment at Galveston.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Patricia U
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as two couples for a week from 18-25th October. We had been travelling across America for two weeks and chose to stay by the beach in Galveston for a week to relax.
We're glad we did. The hotel and the staff were great, the pool is small but nice in a nice pool area. The room was large and clean. The only reason I didn't give an excellent review is that the breakfast was a bit repetitive. I'd change what I think were freeze dried eggs.
The price was really great though especially for a hotel on the beach front.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gambo88

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had to stay for a medical appointment at UTMB. It is only 1/2 mile from there so the drive was easy. Check in was speedy, room was VERY clean, sheets smelled great! The entire premises including the parking lot were very well kept. Only complaint were that the scrambled eggs were rubbery, but otherwise extremely good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela S

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice hotel, nice location up the beach. Plentiful parking-no fighting the crowd. Nice water pressure, too. Our fridge was a touch warmer than we'd like, so we didn't take any chances with it. Best Western's eggs and sausage could stand improvement, but we liked the coffee and waffles. I'd stay there again, with no qualms.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan G

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Quiet location with a great view of the Gulf. You can walk across the street and down the seawall for beautiful views of the beach and gulf. It is pretty much out of the tourist high traffic area so you have the location to yourself. The motel is clean and excellent value for the money. This is the perfect place to stay while on a visit to the island.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jt093812
Bijal M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Let me start by saying, my family and I stay in hotels at least 20 times a year and this is the first time I've ever had to request a room change. I'm not picky, but when there is black fungus growing in the tub, yellow stains on the comforter (strategically hidden by a decorative cloth) and old food left on the bathroom counter, not even I can ignore it. I had already unpacked and set up the pack n play when I went to give my 9 mo old a bath and noticed a black ring around the bath mat as well as hair all over the tub. I lifted the mat and almost threw up when I saw what was underneath. I immediately called the front desk and a lady came up and wrote down all the stuff that was wrong with the room. She said she hoped she could get me another room but wasn't sure. When she was able to move us, she acted like she had done us a huge favor. Pardon me, but I don't think making me repack and move my family at 10:00 at night just because housekeeping can't do their job is really something to be excited about. The lady said she would let management know. Let me just say that about a year ago, my husband and I stayed at a La Qunita in Tulsa and when we told them there was a funky smell coming out of the vents in our room (just meaning they should look into it-- it wasn't 1/2 as bad as this room) they comped us our nights stay just like that. Now, I wasn't expecting this hotel to comp our stay but I did think they would at least apologize for the filth and the inconvenience. Upon check out though, my husband asked if the manager had been informed of the condition of our room, and the girl said "oh, ya, I got a note that y'all weren't too thrilled with your room last night." That's it! That's all she said. There was no apology or promise to address the conditions. She charged us full price without blinking an eye and never even pretended to care about the issues. Needles to say, we will not return and we are probably done with Best Western as a whole. Even if we hadn't encountered these issues, the pool was dirty and cold, the breakfast was very blah, and the hotel was not in a close vicinity to the beach like the site makes it appear. Do not stay here. There are several other hotels down the block that are much nicer and cost the same or less. I wish I had known about those .

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Rarapuckett

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 409-766-7070.