“Making history live on”
Review of Tree Sculptures

Tree Sculptures
Ranked #5 of 106 things to do in Galveston
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The tree sculptures are wonderful although some needed sealed again. What a creative and wonderful way to salvage great old trees.

1  Thank lonestargal360

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Took a group of girl scouts handed them the map and let them lead. It was nice to see how the trees had been made "pretty" from so much destruction. This was a fun walking tour took a ton of pictures of the old homes and everyone we meet along our trim was nice and friendly. I would recommend starting early before the heat starts if you are going to walk and bring along some water to drink. We parked on the street in a neighborhood, made a big circle, we were not in any rush. The girls had fun

2  Thank Susan C
Reviewed June 23, 2013

this was a lot of fun to try and find the sculptures, some are in the front yards, some in the back yards - but the artwork itself is just phenomenal. would love to have a sculpture like that anywhere in my yard!

2  Thank Steve D
Reviewed June 23, 2013

It is encouraging reading about how Galveston made the best out of a bad situation, with the loss of so many trees. There are many tree sculptures around the island, and it is worth it and pretty convenient to see at least some! Some are behind fences and/ or and harder to spot, while others are easily visible. We used the galveston.com self-guided tour on my smartphone. It was nice that it automatically listed the sculptures in order of proximity.

1  Thank Frida_Cu
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The last day that I was on Galveston Island, I drove up and down each street to take pictures of each tree sculpture. I did not pay for a tour but just took the brochure and followed it according to the map in the brochure. The owners who were home were friendly, waved, and seemed to enjoy that I was photographing their relics. They paid to have their precious Oak trees carved so as not to lose them after Hurricane Ike damaged their trees. This was a reminder that one can take a horrible tragedy like Hurricane Ike and turn it into a gorgeous tree sculpture to enjoy and share with others for years to come.

1  Thank Marlenalovestotravel