“Casa del mar”
other travelers have booked this property
really cool, 4 covered picnic areas, hotdogs and burgers even with rain coming in view still beautifull
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
really cool, 4 covered picnic areas, hotdogs and burgers
even with rain coming in view still beautifull
view from our balcony, morning, noon, and night
view from inside
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Fred D
“Casa del mar”
Reviewed March 13, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

First time being in Galveston and have say the room we stayed in was clean an comfy for 3 people...we got there realized back door didnt lock it was broke we called Judy and she took care of the next day for us. Judy and her husband was super nice an made sure we had what needed..The heated pool was nice to have when just wanted hang out and my son enjoyed feeding the seagulls off the balcony.Thanks Judy for sharing your get away home with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Mrs.”
Reviewed February 27, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

It was great!
Very clean!
We stayed during Mardi Gras 2017.

The queen bed was comfortable,
But the pull out bed wasn't very comfortable.
The bunk beds were comfortable.
Great view of the water, right by the stairs, which was a bonus.
In front of the heated pool, so expect some noise, lol.
Check in was easy
Has an elevator and roller caddy for all your luggage.
Property was very well kept.
We had 3 adults, 3 kids and were not cramped at all, plenty of space for a short stay.
Next door is a Golden Corral Buffet and on the other side is a waffle house.
Right across from the beach and a fishing pier!
3 miles from the Pleasure Pier.
3 blocks from a Wal-Mart.
The owner was very easy to get in touch with.
There was also some beach toys in the closet for the kids, extra bonus!
It was stocked with cups, plates, bowls, silverware, coffee maker, even a crock pot!
Had towels and rags in the bathroom
also.
Would definitely recommend and stay at this condo again!

Feb 28, 2017
Thank you. would love to have you come back.
Reviewed December 31, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Jan 3, 2017
Thank you so very much. Judy
tsmith136
Tyler, Texas
“Grandchildrens Trip to Galveston”
Reviewed August 3, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Really enjoyed our stay there. Had my wife, daughter and son-in-law and two grandchildren 1yr and 3yr old. Little tight with 4 adults and 2 young children, but able to manage very well. Had a nice view from the balcony for late evening relaxation after the kids went to bed. Enjoyed our stay and would recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
arichards...
Houston, Texas
“We were not disappointed”
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

OUR stay was excellent. Location and view amazing. WE could walk to beach? Local stores easily accessible. The view of gulf was perfect at anytime of day and eve. while we did not meet Judith personally she was thoughtful in providing, cooking utensils, cleaning supplies, etc. Judy even had condiments, dishes, pots and pans available for use. And I did not see one but crawling around. Thanks Judith and we look forward to staying again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View oh gulf, no bugs
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed July 14, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Badjamr
“I was disappointed in the accommodations, room was not consistent with pictures viewed on Web site.”
Reviewed July 11, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Upon arrival bathroom floor dirty, hair and dust. Ceiling fans dirty dusty and dust clinging to bedroom walls. Outdated, painted wallpaper in bedroom was loose from wall. I contacted the owner, she said she cleaned it herself and everything was updated except shower and 1 ceiling fan. My daughters first impression when we arrived at the door was "why is our door rusted?"

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 12, 2016
As I told this client when she texted me. My home is pretty much exactly what you see on the pictures except that we have remodeled the bathroom all but tub and put beautiful built ins in the closet with a TV now in the bedroom. Plus the bed was brand new. We purchased the bed in June for our Summer visitors. I clean my condo my self. Then I take pictures. She didn't text me after I told that. This is Galveston. It is salt air. It corrodes stuff. Sorry you did not like my front door. I explained salt air. This person does not need to be invited back to my home. I am sure her home is in much better condition not having been on the beach for 30 years. So far, our reviews from people staying, even the ones before this person, called me and told me how much they were loving their vacation. I also told her that I could not control the salt air and the sand the air brings in but we do clean walls, kitchen cabinets, ceiling fans, etc. Because I am having guests who are helping me pay the mortgage so we can keep going, I find myself cleaning Galveston ten times more than my own home. This lady is obviously a negative person, who probably was trying to get a refund from me which did not happen. We have replaced the wallpaper in the living room and updated with beautiful beach style wood and hope to continue that trend in the rest of the condo, however, this year, we purchased a brand new a/c unit for $4500 for the condo and everyone knows they would rather be cool in 100 degree heat than to worry about a little thing like outdated wallpaper. Perhaps this lady would like to contact me again and offer to pay to update the rest of the condo on her dime since the $4500 we spent on keeping her cool pretty much depleted the excess budget OR perhaps she just might look back at the positive like cool a/c, right on the beach, 2 TV's including a 50" TV in the living room. A brand new bedroom mattress and a vacation she could afford because we do not charge exorbitant rates. The owner and proud of it, Judith Marnell
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing