“Not Friendly to Locals... Food Taste not consistent”
Review of Breeze Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Breeze Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I've ordered lunch here a few times. The first time was excellent. So a few days later I talked my boss into eating with me. We were both not impressed. the burrito was very dry and not flavorful. however the Charro Beans seem to be consistently good.

Decided to give it a try again only ordered pork chop lunch special. Mediocre at best.

The worst part though happened last week. Decided to order lunch for the office. I call in to order and the girl was unfamiliar with the menu. So she has to search to see what I am talking about. Then get argumentative with me that it was specifically a lunch special only and not available on Saturday. The menu states what I was ordering was a lunch special item only on Thursday. I tired to explain it but she was insistent that I had to order a similar item which cost five bucks more and the only difference was that it came with a chicken taco which I didn't want. If they could cook the same items adding a chicken taco they could just forgo the taco and give me what I ordered. She was very very rude and I told her to just forget the order.

When i decided to call back to discuss it with the manager as we are locals and chose to pick the local business and not the corporate guys I assumed they would want to know how we were treated. The same girl answered my call was even ruder and demanded to know exactly what i need to discuss with the manager and then in the same sentence tells me the manager was not available anyway. So iasked for a way to contact the manager directly. She informed me since I couldn't tell her what I wanted with the manager and explain everything in detail that my call couldn't be answered by the managers and if she felt like the message was important she might pass it along, however she had my phone number so i didn't need to leave that. I simply hung up.

With service like this who needs it. I thought I was doing a good thing by supporting a local busniness instead of the corporate giants. I guess they don't appreciate the locals. I;ve tired to call back twice and never get to speak to a manager.

1  Thank lil3rd

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Friendly, professional atmosphere with great Mexican food that's not mass produced.

Don't know, but would guess it's more of a locals place because it's a few blocks off of 61st St., the way back to Houston.

This is where we will usually go for great Galveston Mexican food with excellent service.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was really hoping I would enjoy eating here since I live nearby,unfortunately I didn't. I had the grilled fish tacos in corn tortillas. The tacos had no taste at all, almost watery. The plate came with 2 tacos I barely finished 1. The ONLY good thing about the meal was the queso and charro beans.

Reviewed February 2, 2011

This is where the old Monterey House Restaurant was (6316 Steward Rd.; breezerestaurant@att.net).

It's still casual, but the food and service are first-rate (except for the margaritas that are mass produced in a machine and don't taste like margaritas) . Extensive menu (for Galveston).

We're locals and we'll be back.

1  Thank FCherry