“Lousy attitude from counter servers”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of PattyCakes Bakery

PattyCakes Bakery
Ranked #1 of 7 Bakeries in Galveston
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Excellent and beautiful baked goods. Owners also own Mosquito Cafe located on 14th St, just across the street. OFFERS BAKED DOG TREATS.
Lubbock, TX
“Lousy attitude from counter servers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I was the only person in the bakery, and I had to repeat my order to the girl three times.
The bakery goods were ok. Overpriced.

I asked for directions to the pier, and the girl at the counter was clueless, and didn't try to help.

• Visited May 2011

Texas
“Tasty... mostly for savory.. not so much sweet.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

After the cruise, we wanted to stop by here and get a treat. They did not have so many sweet treats that we were looking for... but the savory items seemed very good. What we got was tasty for sure.

• Visited May 2011
Galveston
“thank GOD they are in galveston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I am SO glad Patty Cakes is here! I hope it's here to stay forever!!! They have THE best desserty goodies. IMH, they are the best bakery on the island! My personal fave is the Holy Cow. Try it, you'll understand.

Oh and, it's all (thankfully) reasonably priced, so that a humble grad student such as myself, can go and gorge her little heart out after a long hard day in lab.

love,
PattyCakes Addict

• Visited March 2011
Arlington, TX
“Tasty treats for a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hubby and I saw a sign for Patty Cakes while having lunch at the Mosquito Cafe-next door. We walked over and man did these dessert and breads look and smell wonderful! We got a "Holy Cow", chocolate overload cupcake, chocolate chip cookie and pineapple coconut pecan bar all wrapped to go. The Holy Cow is a mini layer cake with 2 thin vanilla cakes with a light mocha cream in the middle and on the sides rolled in crushed oreos and topped with chocolate icing-yeah take that all in for a minute and you understand the name! It totally lived up to the name!! The chocolate cupcake is an icing lovers dream but I must admit, not my favorite chocolate cupcake. The cookie was very good. The pineapple coconut pecan bar was rich and buttery, not too sweet but so tasy-would have been perfect with a hot tea or coffee but it was still quite good with a diet coke heading north on I 45! All of our treats totalled less than $10-I was expecting $15-20 so this was a wonderful surprise! They do special orders and their bread looked quite wonderful. Sadly we were on our way out of town but next time, we'll pick up some lovely bread for a picnic lunch! They also had a small selection of premade sandwiches, salads and soups which I thought was quite handy and they did coffee's, too!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank BeachbumAggie
Galveston
“Excellent Bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

Breads are delicious; deserts are to die for. Scones are decadent!!!
Nice to have a great bakery across the street from the great Mosquito Cafe.
Steve, Patricia and family are doing a great job keeping us all well fed on the island.

• Visited January 2011