“thank GOD they are in galveston”
Review of PattyCakes Bakery

PattyCakes Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Galveston
Description: Excellent and beautiful baked goods. Owners also own Mosquito Cafe located on 14th St, just across the street. OFFERS BAKED DOG TREATS.
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I am SO glad Patty Cakes is here! I hope it's here to stay forever!!! They have THE best desserty goodies. IMH, they are the best bakery on the island! My personal fave is the Holy Cow. Try it, you'll understand.

Oh and, it's all (thankfully) reasonably priced, so that a humble grad student such as myself, can go and gorge her little heart out after a long hard day in lab.

love,
PattyCakes Addict

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hubby and I saw a sign for Patty Cakes while having lunch at the Mosquito Cafe-next door. We walked over and man did these dessert and breads look and smell wonderful! We got a "Holy Cow", chocolate overload cupcake, chocolate chip cookie and pineapple coconut pecan bar all wrapped to go. The Holy Cow is a mini layer cake with 2 thin vanilla cakes with a light mocha cream in the middle and on the sides rolled in crushed oreos and topped with chocolate icing-yeah take that all in for a minute and you understand the name! It totally lived up to the name!! The chocolate cupcake is an icing lovers dream but I must admit, not my favorite chocolate cupcake. The cookie was very good. The pineapple coconut pecan bar was rich and buttery, not too sweet but so tasy-would have been perfect with a hot tea or coffee but it was still quite good with a diet coke heading north on I 45! All of our treats totalled less than $10-I was expecting $15-20 so this was a wonderful surprise! They do special orders and their bread looked quite wonderful. Sadly we were on our way out of town but next time, we'll pick up some lovely bread for a picnic lunch! They also had a small selection of premade sandwiches, salads and soups which I thought was quite handy and they did coffee's, too!

1  Thank BeachbumAggie
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Breads are delicious; deserts are to die for. Scones are decadent!!!
Nice to have a great bakery across the street from the great Mosquito Cafe.
Steve, Patricia and family are doing a great job keeping us all well fed on the island.