“Great food--off the beaten path” 4 of 5 bubbles

ShyKatZ
Ranked #41 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Diner, American, Cafe, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wichita, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food--off the beaten path”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

You have to try ShyKatz while in Galveston. It's a family run deli that has delicious food. My family each had something different and it was all good. It is not a chain, or on Seawall blvd, and a little tricky to find. If we had been in Galveston longer, we would have definitely gone back. They bake their own bread! My son had a grilled PB&J and it was huge. I had the chicken salad on croissant--very yummy. My hubby had a chicken wrap and my daughter had the strawberry spinach salad. All of the servings were good sized. It did cost $5 more to change your sandwich into a combo (to include a drink and a side), but it was still better food than what you'd get from a tourist trap. They also had several homemade desserts, but we were stuffed!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Tucson, Arizona
“Good, But Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Came here based on the tripadvisor reviews. The woman at the counter was very friendly. Ordered the eggs and bacon plate, 2 drinks and a side of biscuits and gravy for my toddler. It came out to just under 20 dollars which seems rather steep for a place with self service drink stations. The food was good, nothing special, though I really did enjoy the toast that came with the eggs. My son didn't like the biscuits and gravy, and after tying them I had to agree. The gravy is not the creamiest and tasted slightly bitter, burned maybe? I was loud as they had the middle section reserved for a party of about 15 including kids.
I would come back and try for lunch next time.

• Visited March 2014
Wpb Fl
“Lunch before leaving Galveston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in. Was greeted right away and was explained the process of how you order and then pick a seat. Food came out promptly and tasted great

Port Neches, TX
“Hearty Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a great local place! My husband and I went in for breakfast on a Friday morning. The food is fresh and made to order. My husband said that the pancakes were some of the best he's ever eaten. I ordered The Hurricane=breakfast sandwich. It was delicious and filling! The owner was welcoming and the environment was like home. We will be back!

“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast on 2 days and everything was fresh and scrumptious. Don't miss this place! Individual crust less quiches and scones are yummy.

Visited February 2014