“Hearty Breakfast!”

ShyKatZ
Ranked #39 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Diner, American, Cafe, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Neches, TX
“Hearty Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a great local place! My husband and I went in for breakfast on a Friday morning. The food is fresh and made to order. My husband said that the pancakes were some of the best he's ever eaten. I ordered The Hurricane=breakfast sandwich. It was delicious and filling! The owner was welcoming and the environment was like home. We will be back!

“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast on 2 days and everything was fresh and scrumptious. Don't miss this place! Individual crust less quiches and scones are yummy.

Visited February 2014
Alvin, Texas
“Great sandwiches”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I like the food here, but seems a little overpriced for what it is. Very cool atmosphere and the people here are great.

• Visited February 2014
Galveston, Texas
“Love the food and desserts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food here is really good especially there philly cheese steak and its the best I have ever had. Also the desserts here are really good I always order one of their cakes for birthdays or special occasions. French toast is also really good here.

• Visited February 2014
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“ShyKatz for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I can only echo what most have said about ShyKatz, it's mostly a local hangout (I'm a local), it's crowded, the food is pricey, but good. We arrived about 12:45, close to the end of the lunch run, the place was packed and noisy. By just after 1:00 though, it was a much more pleasant dining experience. I had the Ruben sandwich and it was about as good as any I've had anywhere else. My wife had a green salad that was nothing special, but it was just a standard green salad. She also had a cup of chicken vegetable soup that was quite good. With two waters our bill came to $21.65.

I wish there was a rating between average and very good for both overall dining experience and the specific ones shown below as you complete your review. Our overall dining experience was better than average but fell a little short of very good. I would give them a try again, their menu is extensive and has many positive reviews.

• Visited December 2013