“Love the food and desserts!”
Review of ShyKatZ

ShyKatZ
Ranked #46 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food here is really good especially there philly cheese steak and its the best I have ever had. Also the desserts here are really good I always order one of their cakes for birthdays or special occasions. French toast is also really good here.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I can only echo what most have said about ShyKatz, it's mostly a local hangout (I'm a local), it's crowded, the food is pricey, but good. We arrived about 12:45, close to the end of the lunch run, the place was packed and noisy. By just after 1:00 though, it was a much more pleasant dining experience. I had the Ruben sandwich and it was about as good as any I've had anywhere else. My wife had a green salad that was nothing special, but it was just a standard green salad. She also had a cup of chicken vegetable soup that was quite good. With two waters our bill came to $21.65.

I wish there was a rating between average and very good for both overall dining experience and the specific ones shown below as you complete your review. Our overall dining experience was better than average but fell a little short of very good. I would give them a try again, their menu is extensive and has many positive reviews.

1  Thank Larry K
Reviewed December 15, 2013

When I walked in and saw a police officer at one table and four firefighters at another, I knew I was at a neighborhood place. That was reinforced when two young mothers and their kids arrived halfway through my breakfast.

This is not a fancy place, with rather kitschy decor, but the breakfast was great. I didn't order anything fancy - it was just fried eggs and potatoes, but they did it very well, with the sunny side up eggs having just a bit of crispiness on the edges. I don't what they used to season the potatoes, but they were delicious - and the bacon nice and crispy.

The place is tucked away in a neighborhood, not in one of the tourist areas. They have a deli there as well, but I was there for breakfast only. I will be back, and though I was on my motorcycle for this trip, I'll bring the wife the next time.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast. We ordered French toast eggs and bacon. Best French toast I have ever had and the bacon tasty thick slices. Going back for sure.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lovely freshly cooked breakfast as we arrived. Very friendly staff and too many choices of yummy cakes!