“Great bang for your buck.”

BayWatch Dolphin Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: BayWatch Dolphin Tours is been serving the Galveston and Houston area since 2005. We're located on Pier 21, only a short distance away from the historical Strand District in Downtown Galveston.
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We did this on a whim, and were very pleasantly surprised. Captain Bud took great care of us, and we saw dozens of dolphins. We have done Dolphin trips all over the Caribbean and didn't know what to expect for Galveston. It was an awesome tour and just the right amount of time. I don't believe you can do advanced purchases except for that day, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time and get the tickets the morning you plan to go.

2  Thank gomavs2004
"whole family"
"jokes"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great and affordable family fun! Took my 7, 9, and 11 year old and they loved it. Captain was friendly and very knowledgable about the harbor. Tour was 45 min. Saw quite a few dolphins. Captain would position boat for pictures. Had a restroom on boat, which is super with kids. Drinks were cheap, only $1. Tour itself was reasonably priced. Will definitely do again when in Galveston!

3  Thank Amanda A
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Boring, slow boat ride. Saw some dolphins. Didn't really care. Thought about trying to ride one of them. That might have been fun, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me. As the boat slowly meandered around in the same little spot a stone's throw off shore, an apparently equally bored lady passenger who was seated behind me called out loudly to the Captain, "Is this all we do!?" My thoughts exactly. The Captain, probably sensing mutiny, mumbled something and changed course. I resisted the urge to climb on top of the boat's roof and dive in. That might have excited my fellow passengers more than seeing a few dolphins. Maybe I could have beaten the boat back to the dock, but I decided to patiently sit. The resumption of my day’s plans could wait just a bit more.

2  Thank Dan W
Reviewed July 5, 2012

One of the main reasons I enjoyed this tour so much is because of the captain. He was hilarious. As soon as I boarded the boat, he was crackin' jokes. We hit it off immediately. The lady in charge of unroping us from the dock was super friendly too. She was really cool. We went to the 4:30 tour and sat at the back of the boat. They both said that was the best seat for staying out of the sun, which was really important to us because we had been walking up & down that Strand for a while. It wasn't the best seat for looking out for the dolphins however, he steered it sideways for us to get a better look at them. We saw about 6-8 dolphin swimming up & over. It was really cool and the kids loved it too. They were gone in a matter of minutes. Most of the rest of the time, we just rode around while he told us about the sites and areas of interest around there. All in all, we just enjoyed the breeze from the ride and the laughs he gave us.

1  Thank Mona A