“Recent Renovations - Still all about Location”

Knights Inn Galveston
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“Recent Renovations - Still all about Location”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's hard to rate this hotel higher than average, because in comparison to other hotels in Galveston, it is really a 1 or 2 star. However, 1 thing remains, it has a great location. My friends and I stayed here and our main destination was the new Pleasure Pier. We were able to walk back and forth from the hotel without having to worry about parking. It definitely saved us some time and money. They have finished renovating the outside pillars and the hotel has a new paint job. It looks better than it has in several years. Enjoy!

Things for the hotel to improve on: The manager is a little rude. He collected our keys from us at 10:53 from outside our rooms. Pretty ridiculous. It would have definitely been a better experience to have more smiles and a happier staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zeke h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
TULSA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Location is great ,right across the street from the beach!!! From the outside you would think "Did I really pay over $100.00 a night to stay here?" but location, location. Staff was nice, room was clean. Could sure use an updating. We had no bad experiences. We had just drove straight through all night from Tulsa, Oklahoma so we had no problem crashing out that night. The beds were comfortable and clean. Its just the outside that scared us to death. Outside looks are not everything. I guess if I had been hit with as many hurricanes as this place has, I would not be to pretty on the outside either. We are now Wyndam Time Share owners so we cant knock what we now are part owners of.All and all it was a decent stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DARIN F
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Summary:
Is this the nicest hotel in Galveston? No, of course not and the price reflects that. However, it is located directly across from the seawall and now is down the street from Galveston's new Pleasure Pier. There is something very valuable in being able to wake up, open the curtains, and see the ocean front. That is why I am giving this hotel a 3 of 5. If it is amenities you are looking for and lavish rooms, then I would rate this a 1 of 5. But not everybody is looking for that, some people want a cheap hotel in the middle of it all and this hotel definitely meets that criteria.

My Experience:
The front clerk was very nice and courteous. He was calling me sir even though I was more than half his age. I booked a single King, and it was up at the front of the hotel giving me an ocean front room (It seemed as if over half the rooms had an ocean front view). The room was very basic. The tile in the bathroom had been updated and the tv was a 32" flat screen. The bed did not seem comfortable at first but I had a great night sleep. If you do not like stiff beds, then you probably need to look for another hotel. The AC was off when we got in the room, so it was a little muggy. However, we turned it on and it was colder than we could handle in a matter of minutes. Check out time was 11 and when we asked, the clerk gave a us a 30-minutes late check out. All-in-all it was a great get away hotel. The King room (ocean front) costs about $39 during the week and about $69 on the weekends. Hope you enjoy!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room that has a ocean view! It really "ups" the value of the hote...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zeke h
North Dakota, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed there this week. The staff was nice. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. It is not an upscale hotel so one should not expect it to be plush. I loved being across the street from the beach. I felt safe and comfortable. The microwave and Fridge looked new as well as the 32" flat screen TV. I just needed a place to sleep and a few hours at the beach. Why pay extra for things I won't use. My only complaint was the towels were scratch and stiff and the tub was stained. Overall, I will stay there again, most likely real soon.

Room Tip: Inside rooms without a view are quiter than the ones with the view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kay L
Reviewed September 23, 2012

When i stayed here i saw a hotel from the outside looking not so bad. Untill i got in my room . It was not so clean bugs were on the tv stand. The bathroom , etc . I used my wyndham rewards to stay for two nights. I have told the owner about the bugs he said on the first day i will take care of it. So by that evening i seen more of them . So called him back. And he came with a severe attitude explaining to me it had been taken care of . And he said as if i was making this up. If i see anything take a picture of it. So did and got my evidence this time. Not trying to be rude or anything because of what galveston went thru the hurican . I thought i was being nice guy ny putting up with this. The owner was very rude about this situation.

• Stayed September 2012
Humble
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We knew that this was an older hotel and didn't mind that it was a little shabby and run-down, especially given that it is directly on the seawall and is weathered by several hurricanes and tropical storms. What we were unable to ignore; however, was the overall dirt and nastiness of the place. The bathroom area had not been cleaned at all. Since this was just a two-night stay and we redeemed some of our Wyndham reward points for this, we bought our own cleaning supplies and borrowed the motel's broom and dustpan. There were dead bugs in the bathroom and pieces of plastic and toilet paper all over the floor. The bathtub was horrendous. We will be uploading pictures and have contacted Wyndham directly regarding the shape of this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel was not as bad as other people were saying but was certainly not acceptable by todays standards. The bedsheets appeared to be clean but it was not a fitted sheet, and the top cover had stains on the underside. The room had a flat screen tv and the furniture was pretty nice. The room was clean as far as I could see. Great parking and AC!!! Did not take advantage of the continental breakfast because we woke up early and decided to hit up IHOP on the way out of town. They claim there is FREE WIFI but I couldn't access it on my iphone because it had a password lock on it. Speaking of locks, the deadbolt didn't lock from the outside just the inside, and the doorknob stayed locked, so you could easily lock yourself out of your room and someone could probably easily break in thru the big glass window in front or by kicking in the door, but I didn't feel unsafe or beleive that it would actually happen. Utilized the free ice machine to chill some wine. I loved being right by the beach for my 1 year anniversary with my GF. If I ever go again to Galveston, I will probably stay somewhere a little nicer, this place needs to be remodeled. The guy who checked me in seemed nice and had my reservation handy, as did I. And upon checkout, I dropped my key off and got a "thank you" from the clerk. Overall, not a bad experience, but not a real good one either, mediocre I would say.

Room Tip: Room 140 is non smoking and is pretty clean, also has flat screen tv.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galveston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach
Four Seasons on the Gulf
Four Seasons on the Gulf
#31 of 51 in Galveston
La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach

Been to Knights Inn Galveston? Share your experiences!