“Worst tour ever”

Ghost Tours of Galveston
Ranked #5 of 74 Tours in Galveston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Original Strand Ghost Tour:Galveston's very first public,year round walking ghost tour. Filled with history, mystery and legend. The #1 ghost tour in the state of Texas and the #2 most popular ghost tour in America! 100% fascinating! This tour meets on the steps of the Railroad Museum (25th and Strand Street) Mon-Sat. at 7:30 p.m., and on Sunday at 6 p.m.; it is also the only all-year around tour.The Secret Society Cemetery Tour:Come and uncover the hidden and buried secrets of Galveston's very own residents!Time travel with us and walk through the lives of the strange and infamous of Galveston's haunted past. Truth is stranger than fiction! This tour meets at the entrance gate of the Old City Cemetery on 43rd and Broadway Street on Sat. and Sun. at 6 p.m.. Times and days are subject to change.For any inquiries, call our information line at (409) 877-1794. The price for both tours is $15 for adults, $10 for children 10 years old and younger. No reservation required( with a limit of 100 people per tour).
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I were so disappointed in this tour. We have been on a few ghosts tours around the nation and this was by far the worst. He starts off by telling you that it is the #1 ghost tour in the USA... I just can't believe that. He is an awful storyteller... Forgets what he is saying 1/2 the time and has to have tour attendees remind him... And he tells the stories in a way that makes them funny not scary. He also opened up the "floor" to attendees to tell their stories, which in my mind is a big mistake...you never know what people will say... And well, let's just say... I almost grabbed my daughter and left at this point... And I wish I would have... I would have gained an another hour of my life that I'll never get back now. I hate to be harsh, but please don't waste your money or time on this... It truly was an awful experience.

2  Thank robyng78
There are newer reviews for Ghost Tours of Galveston

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We were really excited to do this tour because we had heard some great things about it. We were however dissapointed the only option we had on Sunday was at 6 p.m. The whole entire tour was conducted in daylight taking away part of the spookiness. Kimber was our tour guide for the evening and she was a very nice lady but I do think she needs to work on presenting ghost stories. The way she told them really didnt hold our attention nor most of the others on the tour. We did get to go inside one building at the last stop, but there was really no point. We got to stand in the lobby of the Tremont for only two minutes before we were directed outside once again and told a story that had no climatic ending at all and then told that was the end of the tour. Quite dissapointing as we have been on several ghost tours throughout the country and even though most of them we didnt go inside of the buildings, the stories were intersting enough to hold our attention and make us forget that. However this was not the case with Dash ghost tour.

3  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I heard about this tour from another person and decided that it would be a fun thing to do with the family. I was not disappointed. Dash was a great storyteller into Galveston's past. The history behind this town is very interesting. The civil war soldiers story was my favorite part. There is a great bit of walking around The Strand so be prepared. Apart from the stories of ghostly encounters, the architecture is a real treat. They do take a moment to offer a restroom break and to grab a treat if you want at one of the stores on The Strand. I wouldn't recommend carrying a lot of baggage with you. The tour starts at the Railroad Museum and ends at the Tremont House. Parking near the Railroad Museum is just $5.

4  Thank harleymomma74
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I took my mom on a ghost tour for Mother's Day weekend. Our guide was Christy, and she was great...loved the pictures she showed us. I wish I could remember tha app she showed us for ghost hunting....

3  Thank texastravler77302
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We love sneaking over to Galveston over night when we visit family in Houston. We try catch one of the Ghost tours every time. We have gone on a few different tours other places but none of them compare to Dash and his team! We have even caught some cool stuff on camera. Can't wait to catch a tour this summer!

6  Thank april and jeff b