“Poor housekeeping and management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Denton, Texas
“Poor housekeeping and management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The first day of our stay, Housekeeping ignored making up 1 bed, washing coffee pot and cleaning bath. Night clerk Malcom was informed that night, he said he would take care of it and wrote it down on book for the morning manager. Second day after being gone all day, we came back and this time housekeeping ignored the room completely!! everything was just as I had left it: no clean towels, trash cans full, beds unmade, dirty coffee pot, floors with beach sand. Malcom, again, said it was the manager's fault. He said he was the middleman and maids were gone, gave me towels and told me he would give me bedding so that I could make up my own beds. I asked to be moved to a clean room. He said there were none. That was a lie, I went online, checked and there was at least one room same rate as minefor that night. I CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL BASED ON THIS REAL BAD, BAD EXPERIENCE!

Room Tip: Room was okay, just make sure that you tell the manager that morning before you leave to make sure...
2 Thank Tania T
cisgalveston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Tania, Thank you for taking the time to post the response. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
DeSoto, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well kept motel and well situated to the beach, dining, and shopping. The Country Inn is on the Wall close to the Pleasure Pier. With our room on the east side the lights of the pier were fun to see. The free breakfast is OK, The young lady at the desk was not very knowlegable about the Galveston area and what attractions to see, but I guess maybe that is not her job. We had a very nice room, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for an east side room on one of the upper floors. Be sure that if you park in the lot that all...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L0neE3404
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We loved to stay at country inn and suites close to the pleasure pier in Galveston.Close to everything , resturants, pier and rooms have view of the gulf. The country inn had all the amenities of a home with the luxury of daily maid service. Staff very friendly and greeted us with a smile everytime . Perfect! we are coming back again,

Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went to galveston last weekend and stayed at country inn . Staff was very friendly, they told us about the resturants nearby. We ate at Spot and went to Pleasure Pier. Enjoyed this gateaway with my kids and family.

Room Tip: rooms on 5th floor have a beautiful view, ask for a room on pleasure pier side.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The employees were awesome and the service as well we hope to come back soon!!! As soon as we walked in I was greeted by an awesome staff. The team was very helpful. The rooms were nice and clean. The pool was lovely although I was at the beach side most of the time of my vacation I really would like to.come back and a

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Upon my arrival I was welcomed with a smile. I believe the ladies name was Eva that checked us in. She was very respectful and knowledgeable. The rest of the staff was great. Room was clean and comfortable like I was at home. Really enjoyed ourselves and will gladly stay at your establishment again next year.

• Stayed May 2013
McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The staff is rude and disrespectful, including the manager. They are unwilling to resolve issues and instead look for reasons to find fault with customers, so they can charge additional fees based on fictitious allegations. Rooms are poorly maintained, worn, and dirty. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jane S
cisgalveston, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this response.On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.