“Best for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
DeSoto, Texas
“Best for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well kept motel and well situated to the beach, dining, and shopping. The Country Inn is on the Wall close to the Pleasure Pier. With our room on the east side the lights of the pier were fun to see. The free breakfast is OK, The young lady at the desk was not very knowlegable about the Galveston area and what attractions to see, but I guess maybe that is not her job. We had a very nice room, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for an east side room on one of the upper floors. Be sure that if you park in the lot that all...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L0neE3404

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We loved to stay at country inn and suites close to the pleasure pier in Galveston.Close to everything , resturants, pier and rooms have view of the gulf. The country inn had all the amenities of a home with the luxury of daily maid service. Staff very friendly and greeted us with a smile everytime . Perfect! we are coming back again,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went to galveston last weekend and stayed at country inn . Staff was very friendly, they told us about the resturants nearby. We ate at Spot and went to Pleasure Pier. Enjoyed this gateaway with my kids and family.

Room Tip: rooms on 5th floor have a beautiful view, ask for a room on pleasure pier side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The employees were awesome and the service as well we hope to come back soon!!! As soon as we walked in I was greeted by an awesome staff. The team was very helpful. The rooms were nice and clean. The pool was lovely although I was at the beach side most of the time of my vacation I really would like to.come back and a

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Upon my arrival I was welcomed with a smile. I believe the ladies name was Eva that checked us in. She was very respectful and knowledgeable. The rest of the staff was great. Room was clean and comfortable like I was at home. Really enjoyed ourselves and will gladly stay at your establishment again next year.

• Stayed May 2013
McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The staff is rude and disrespectful, including the manager. They are unwilling to resolve issues and instead look for reasons to find fault with customers, so they can charge additional fees based on fictitious allegations. Rooms are poorly maintained, worn, and dirty. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Jane S
cisgalveston, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this response.On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two years ago for our anniversary. So, this year, I booked the hotel without shopping around for another one. This hotel has all the amenities we like. When we checked in, the luggage cart was not available, we were told there is only one luggage cart for the whole hotel. The front desk clerk told us the people had just gone up w/the cart. I said OK, but they may night bring it back down immediately. So, we carried our luggage. After getting into the room, I double checked everything and there weren't any hand towels or wash cloths. Called the front desk to request them and received them promptly. Then, when I went to fix coffee the next morning, there was only decaf so I requested the regular coffee from the housekeeper when she came later that day. She said she only had decaf on her cart so I went downstairs to the desk to get the regular coffee. We like the location of this hotel, it's within walking distance to the Pleasure Pier and a few restaurants & Murdock's gift shop. It's especially close to our favorite bar, The Poop Deck. It's also across from the beach. The room is large and we especially like the private balcony. We enjoyed our trip and weren't going to let a few very minor setbacks spoil it. Note: We don't use the pool and we didn't eat breakfast at the hotel.

Room Tip: I always request a room on the 5th floor facing East