Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at country inn in galveston great hotel we have never stayed in a places like this great view... front desk agent were nice had everything we need in the room, breakfast was great also great service with the breakfast lady. Housekeeping had always are room so clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lopez025

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel was clean, quiet, and had the necessay items in the rooms, it was nothing special and the king size room felt a little tight. However, Galveston itself leaves a lot to be desired. Most of the shops are no longer open and even the ones that are leave much to be desired. Their open for business, but just typical tourist shops, no antique shops to speak of (at least not enough to have someone make the trip there that enjoys that kind of thing) and the streets and sidewalks are in horrible shape, be careful where you walk, its uneven everywhere and you might fall. I won't be back except for the day and to eat at Gaidos!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BrenhamTexasGramma2
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recommended this hotel to several friends for a cruise pkg. Was given a handy cap room when I didn't request one! girl @ front desk was nice & switched us. But in the morning woke to fact someone attemped to break in the vechical so we didn't feel it was safe to leave our car, told the girl @ front desk she said I would have to call back, when I did manager told me my credit card would not be reimbersed the amount for the parking even though we didnt use it. Very rude and didn't seem bothered she was taking money for nothing. Very slummy part of town!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank unhappy081
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Beach across the Seawall Blvd. We stayed with family on the fifth floor in a one bedroom suite. We have stayed in many places in Galveston with family and this is the best hotel. One bedroom suites are big and were more than enough room for five. Large Refrigerator and microwave. It is close to places to eat. Breakfast was great and pool is indoor.

Room Tip: 5th floor exec. suites best view/ Gaidos best seafood resturant.
1  Thank gurpreet50
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I went to Galveston with family people at the front desk had great attitudes best view from the fifth floor breakfast was great was free would come back and stay here again.beds very comfortable, fluffy pillows. had indoor pool
wonderful and memeorable stay.

Room Tip: fifth floor exec. rooms good for family.
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I reserved a quiet room with an ocean view. The other views are overlooking run down houses. The hotel is about a year old, the beds and pillows are great and the room was clean. Although I was given a room next to the elevator on the fifth floor ( quietest floor) , they try to accommodate people requesting a quiet room. I stayed during the week for one day.

The beach is across the street , a convenience store is next door and a party bar is across. It can get noisy at night if you are facing the ocean. Breakfast was alright, but more variety is needed. Coffee pot in room but no sugar or creamer. 12:00 checkout.

Price, be careful. Make sure you get a receipt when you check out as I reserved of about 144 dollars total, and somehow got a bill for 177.00. I liked the fact that they are insistent on no smoking, even the balcony, but could have a more friendly designated smoking area. The front desk is understaffed. I only saw one person during check in. When I called, no answer repeatedly.
Overall, one of the nicer hotels on the beach in Galveston. Good for first visit, but I will stay elsewhere next time , now that I have seen the conditions of other hotels on the ocean. On the ocean is a great plus.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room if you will be quiet on the fifth floor overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I paid $235 a night to stay here and asked for a refund and I was ignored. No refund. Air conditioner has a mind of its own. Calling the front desk is a joke. The girls that work there are nice and overworked. The franchise owner needs to rethink staffing. 3 hours after arriving our family was at the indoor pool when a drunk walked into the pool area and sat down at my table in front of my wife and kids and threw out a bag of cocaine and asked us if we wanted to get [--] up!! I called front desk and Galveston PD and neither showed up. We could hear everything going on in the other rooms. VERY NOISY. And this hotel only has one luggage cart. WTF!! People were fighting over it. We were approached outside the hotel to buy drugs on our second night there. Will not stay there again.

2  Thank PabloNagua
cisgalveston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

The wonderful thing about Tripadvisor is that it gives voice to both the Guest and the Property. While it can be painful sometimes to read about situations that have gone awry, it is helpful and allows us to get better.
We take the good and the bad when our Guests bring them to our attention. We look at them seriously and logically. It is our passion and our desire to make every stay a great and memorable visit. However......There our times when someone attacks and debases you in such a way that it makes it difficult to know how to appropriately respond.