“Not good”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Seabrook, Texas
“Not good”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Waiter was great. Great personality. Service was very slow. Gumbo lacked much seafood, mostly roux; Oysters appeared to be frozen with batter. Batter separated when eating revealing small swiveled oysters and they were tough. Will not go back.

1 Thank Frances B

Rockford, Illinois
“What a gem.”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stumbled in to this historic little Bisstro. Had a fabulous dining experience. Best shrimp and grits I have ever had!

2 Thank Amy O
Evansville, Indiana
“Wonderful place, great food”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stumbled across this place hunting for something less busy and more personal. Wow, we found it. They knew how to cook fresh seafood!! The attentive bartender was perfect. The owner treated us like we were longtime friends, though we had just meet. The place was sadly not busy which was confusing because the whole experience was perfect. People don't know what they are missing. The place looks very plain from the outside but don't let that fool you, it is some of the best food and service in the area.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank EvilleMJ
Houston, Texas, Usa
“Great Cajun Family Food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Real Cajun food from a real Cajun family with foodie history. Go there and enjoy. The prices are reasonable and service outstanding and the owners are like family to their guests.

1 Thank James R S
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This restaurant is in the popular Strand area of Galveston, but I have passed it up many times on my numerous visits to the island. I had the pleasure of going there twice in one day last week and by the time I had my final mimosa at Le Croy, I swore to never eat anywhere else when I was on the island again. The building is charming and on the historic registry. The owners have taken care to preserve it's vintage charm, complete with original barber stripes painted on the old brick.

Food and drinks are made fresh with good ingredients and the pride they take in their food is obvious. I can not understate the importance of a properly cooked egg and a well balanced cocktail. Tommy and Barbara are excellent hosts and it is no surprise that many people that came to Le Croy during my visit were greeted by name.

I regret not finding this gem in Galveston sooner, do not repeat my mistake!

• Visited April 2014