“owner/manager a jerk”
Review of Bistro LeCroy - CLOSED

Bistro LeCroy
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“owner/manager a jerk”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I were looking for something different for lunch. We found Lecroys and thought we would give it a try. By 1:00 pm they were already out of items on the menu. Beer choices were slim because they were "out". I ordered red wine but was brought a white wine. We decided on salads hoping they weren't out lettuce. Two salads took forever. We were never offered refills on our drinks. I made the mistake of returning later in the day to use the toilet. I was chased out of the restaurant and told to never return. No worries. Restaurant that don't grasp customer service usually don't stay in business.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank rlthomason

COLUMBIA
“Good Food and Good Service”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Found this small, out of the way place, on a Sunday when most nice restaurants in the downtown area were closed. Waiter was very helpful and funny and guided us in what we should eat. I tried the Gumbo and found it to be a bit too spicy for my taste. He told me how to calm it down by adding another spice and it worked. Food was very tasty and atmosphere was good. It is in a very old building near downtown area and is easy to find.
I recommend that you give it a try.

• Visited November 2013
“What a joke!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We made a point to find the new location as our previous visit on the strand was so good. Wow! So disappointed. The food was good (my steak was a little undercooked, short on the crawfish in the étouffée,
but the best grilled cheese ever!). Everybody else in our party loved their food. We had two Tweens with us...one spilled their water. We grabbed some napkins from the bar to clean it up - the bartender told us NO, the napkins were too expensive and he would give us a towel (didn't offer to come help, BTW). We advised the manager of the rudeness of the bartender and she promptly spoke to him. We later saw him mocking us and talking about us to other customers, then actually looked at us and said "waahhh" (like a baby cry)! Could not believe what we were seeing! The manager seemed equally as shocked, said he would be taken care of, didn't know what his problem was and insinuated that he was leaving. They comped the meal - we apologized and told them it was not necessary as we were fine with the food. She comped it anyway and quickly dismissed us. As soon as we left, the bartender was back on duty. He must be related...no way I'd have let him stay behind the bar after acting that way.

2 Thank Hart1000
Galveston, Texas
“Moved locations - still good food”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

They have moved from their old location on the Strand, but still serve good food. Their menu still favors the New Orleans flair that they had.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Father_Stephen
Houston, Texas
“Great restaurant with great seafood”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a great little restaurant with great food - especially their desserts. Not a fancy place and is off Post Office but definitely worth dining at. Reasonable priced and very casual atmosphere.

Visited October 2013