“Best gumbo on the island...”
Review of Bistro LeCroy - CLOSED

Bistro LeCroy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Bistro LeCroy has relocated right off Post Office on 21st St. Their gumbo is truly the best gumbo on the island - the flavor is amazing, a little on the spicy side, just like my Cajun Grandmother used to make. The decor is very NOLA. One of the owners, Tommy, will proudly show you the antique doors he recycled, using the old, ornate doorknobs - very clever. Also "Flipper" has taken his special place on the wall behind the bar. There was a nice crowd this weekend...the new location is right around the corner from the Opera House. I had a big bowl of gumbo and crab cakes served with remolaude sauce. They have "killer" bread budding, served with carmel sauce and warm cream. I was seated immediately, and the waiter was attentive and friendly. The owners, Tommy and Barbara greeted me at my table - always friendly - just makes you want to come back and sit at the "family table." Good food, fun atmosphere, and a great, new location - close to everything on Post Office Street, and walking distance of The Strand. I highly recommend Bistro LeCroy...

There are newer reviews for Bistro LeCroy

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went to dinner 3/24 with another couple- Two other couples, friends, seated next to us. One person could NOT eat his Crab Cakes - Horrible, he said!! My wife and I had some and they were very average, and I would not order them again- No taste,and too expensive for what we got. I got Grilled Catfish which was good , but my Dirty Rice was nothing but a lump of White Rice with very bland and tasteless Brown Gravy. Wife had Fried Oysters and Stuffed Shrimp- Tasteless,and not well prepared.
Needlless to say, this is a place we WILL NOT be going back to any time soon!!!!!!
CGS

2  Thank TXEX_13
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Favorite thing every time I go - the sweet potato fries!
Great sandwiches. indoor/outdoor seating available. The perfect place to watch the reenactment of the Battle of Galveston in January - just across the street.

2  Thank Father_Stephen
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The place looks appealing from the Strand sidewalk. Beautiful tall French doors, looking a lot like a fine French Quarter eatery. When I walked in the place was virtually empty except for the staff. I was not welcomed. I was made to feel like I was intruding on their private party. I ordered coffee to drink while I looked over the menu. By the time I drank my coffee they made me feel so uncomfortable I simple told them I changed my mind and got up and left. I haven't been back. So, I still have no idea if their food is good. Maybe I'll give them another chance...it is a pretty place.

2  Thank ValleyRancher
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My family and I came by the "trip advisor" ratings during spring break. To our advantage alle the "breakers" were concentrated on the seawall with the mass produced service and left the area to us to discover this gem. We were greated by one of the owners or the establishment and kept us entertained with conversation without feeling too weird. Definately a must visit for anyone with kids. Try the tomato basil soup if its not too hot outside.

1  Thank Natethegr8