“1st Visit Shattered Expectations”
Review of Bistro LeCroy - CLOSED

Bistro LeCroy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The place looks appealing from the Strand sidewalk. Beautiful tall French doors, looking a lot like a fine French Quarter eatery. When I walked in the place was virtually empty except for the staff. I was not welcomed. I was made to feel like I was intruding on their private party. I ordered coffee to drink while I looked over the menu. By the time I drank my coffee they made me feel so uncomfortable I simple told them I changed my mind and got up and left. I haven't been back. So, I still have no idea if their food is good. Maybe I'll give them another chance...it is a pretty place.

2  Thank ValleyRancher
There are newer reviews for Bistro LeCroy

Reviewed March 15, 2012

My family and I came by the "trip advisor" ratings during spring break. To our advantage alle the "breakers" were concentrated on the seawall with the mass produced service and left the area to us to discover this gem. We were greated by one of the owners or the establishment and kept us entertained with conversation without feeling too weird. Definately a must visit for anyone with kids. Try the tomato basil soup if its not too hot outside.

1  Thank Natethegr8
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We ate here on a Sunday at lunch. My wife and I both had the crab cakes which were very good and absolutely worth $10, which also included a side. I had the onion rings which were good. I thought the portions were great because it wasn't too much food. I decided to get a dessert, and after a recommendation from our server got the bread pudding. It was AMAZING! Best bread pudding I have ever had. I am not a person that tries bread pudding everywhere I go, but I have had it half-a-dozen times. I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

It's a great stop location while visiting the Strand. I like the craw fish pies and the lunch specials

3  Thank mccullor739
Reviewed November 24, 2011

The food, atmosphere, staff and decor are absolutely wonderful!
Be sure to ask Tommy LeCroy for a brief history of the building and location. I have eaten here several times with friends and family never to be disappointed. Start with the rolls! If you are looking for an outstanding brunch this is the place too! Looking forward to my next meal at Bistro Le Croy.... a must do in Galveston.