“One of the best”

Ranked #25 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened in January 1998 by Jorge and Antonio Oyervides and a friend, Frank Diaz, Salsas Mexican & Seafood Restaurant is their first restaurant, though the three have been in the restaurant business for more than 24 years. Salsas is located at 4604 Seawall Boulevard - and features plenty of parking, a breathtaking Gulf view from our enormous outdoor patio, and beautiful sunshine.Our fine Mexican restaurant is bright, clean and colorful. Each table features two tantalizingly-different salsas, along with crispy, light tortilla chips. The menu offers traditional Mexican dishes like chicken or beef fajitas, enchiladas and burritos, plus some not-so-traditional platters such as seafood with a south-of-the-border flair. We invite you to savor your favorite dish and enjoy our frothy, refreshing margaritas. Happy Hour is Monday thru Friday from 3pm to 7pm. Salsas offers a daily Lunch Special from 11am to 3pm Monday thru Friday. Pickup orders are welcomed; simply call ahead. We look forward to serving your entire family!Salsa's Mexican Restaurant offers a breathtaking Gulf view from our enormous outdoor patio, and beautiful sunshine. Enjoy our colorful, delicious Mexican food along with a frothy, refreshing margarita.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I travel often and like mexican food. We were in Galveston for a week, ate out 5 times, and ate at Salsa's twice. This is one of, if not the best Mexican restaurant. Food, atmosphere, employees, all great. When we return to Galveston we'll be dining here.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Glad we had you coming back for more! Thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review—your kind words mean the world to us. We can't wait to welcome you back next time you're in town!

Regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

While staying on Galveston Island, I was searching for a good place to eat that didn't break the budget! I'd heard of Salsa's award for best Margarita and Mexican food. I went in and was greeted by a friendly hostess and a beautiful restaurant! The bathrooms were not only very clean but beautiful decorated! The menu was easy to read and full of usual and unique Mexican dishes and combinations. The waiter was very friendly and accommodating! The salsa and chips were a great start! The salsas' were their own recipe and delicious! It was a thoroughly wonderful experience! Delicious food and a beautiful restaurant! There is an area in the front near the seawall that seems to be a little more closed off with the view and a tv. They have a long list of unique and different margaritas on the table. My waiter concluded my meal with 'Come back and see me again!' Oh YES I will!!!

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Authentic Mexican dishes that don't break the bank—sounds like we had just the thing to quell your cravings! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our salsas, and every bite afterwards. Thanks for stopping by! We'll see you next time you're in town!

Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very nice atmosphere and great food. LOVED the salsa verde and really good mojitos. This will be a definite return visit every time I'm in Galveston.

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Yes! Our salsa verde can't be beat. Thanks for stopping by! We'll see you next time you're in town. :)

Cheers,

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been at Salsa's on a business trip. Unfortunately the waiter and the rest of the staff thought we were all muppets there and we could get crooked easily, just because we were on a business trip. The waiter smartly went to a colleague and asked him if he wanted to have a good tequila, without mentioning any price or anything else. A round was then ordered and the waiter invited us to buy it also for the mariachi. After this first round, fortunately another colleague decided to switch to another tequila. Once we got the bill we could just not believe it: we had been charged 30 shots of tequila at 45$ each. Thankfully we moved to the other tequila early enough not to get 6,000$ bill! When we asked for explanation the waiter invented excuses and even worse the owner did. I am also very disappointed seeing his reply below to another colleague. Nobody was ordering on someone else's bill as we were all on business, but even so 2,450$ bill, out of which 1,350$ are for 30 shots of tequila is unacceptable. I hope a lot of people read this: these guys are criminals and they even wanted 18% gratuity!!

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

We have been in business in Galveston for 15 years, so what you have described is appalling. I'm very sorry to hear about this, Elisa. we should have done a better job of informing your table of which type of tequila had been ordered. Although instances like this are extremely rare, I will definitely talk to our servers about this. Once again, this should never be an issue and I apologize. Thank you for your feedback.

Best,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

They didn't have mariachi's playing when we went on Saturday night... but I ordered the "Top Shelf Margarita" with 1800 and it was really, really, REALLY good! They don't skimp on the tequila either, cause I was feeling so good after the first one so I ordered a second one, which I never do. But luckily I was able to taste the food before the alcohol hit me, and the beef tacos were not all that great, more like taco bell. The bean tostada was good, the cheese puff was stale, even with queso on top of it, I could still taste the staleness. But the best food item I ate there was the green avocado salsa that they give you as an appetizer. It is bottomless and I could have eaten only that as my meal. It was so good, I had 3 refills and our server was great about it. I'm sure it's common. The avocado salsa is a liquified avocado with a little bit of a kick, not spicy, but very good. So all in all, I would go back to try a different dish next time, and have top shelf margaritas and chow down on free chips and salsa. The fajitas looked good, maybe i'll try them next time. My husband had the spinach enchiladas and said they were good. So don't order the tacos, try something else, but give this place a shot, it was very good!

Frank D, Owner at Salsa's, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Salty chips, refreshing green avocado salsa and a margarita with a kick—sounds like a fabulous time! Glad you were able to sample some of our favorite dishes. Sorry to hear about that queso puff, though; it shouldn't have been anything less than crispy and fresh, so I'll definitely look into this. Still, we couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your time with us. We'd love to have you back next time you're on the Island!

Cheers,