“Tasty and Great Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympia the Grill at Pier 21

Olympia the Grill at Pier 21
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia the Grill at Pier 21 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on a working harbor with a great view of vessels going up and down the channel and dolphins frolicking in the bay. The best seafood and view of the sunset in Galveston. We offer private dining for between 10 and 300, and have accommodated many large functions such as the Commemoration of the USS Fort Worth, many weddings, bachelorette parties and rehearsal dinners. We are also within easy walking distance of the Strand on Pier 21.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Tasty and Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

We ate here on May 1, 2010. It was delicious! They had the best calamari we have ever tasted. The food was fresh and delicious. The waitress was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. We were impressed with the Olympia and will definitely return.

1 Thank FortWorth

Houston, Texas
“Perfect - perfect location, perfectly tasty, and perfectly pampered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Sunday brunch on the deck watching the cruise ship, the boat traffic, and the dolphins from our table and enjoying a perfect meal, a perfect drink, and being perfectly attended to, what more is there? My husband ordered the American breakfast and I had their twist on quiche, a feta, spinach, and egg mixture in fillo so there wasn't the mushy crust problem. Both plates came with wonderful thick sliced whole wheat bread, their own signature potatoes and fresh berries. My husband's came with a pancake that was to die for. They offer the expected normal brunch cocktail specials along with some unexpected ones like a Peach Bellini. We being creatures to honor tradition, both ordered spicy Bloodymarys which arrived in a hurricane glass rimmed with salt and garnished with both the olives and the celery. The cocktail met the standards of the food. As in most establishments our waiter came by to make sure every thing was to our pleasure but to our surprise Robert Dostal, the manager came by our table to ensure the same. So unlike most places where you only see the manage if you encounter a problem Mr. Dostal is proactive. I would like to think we were special customers but he seem to check on all his guests but I think he just likes to hear our praises. Our waiter Evan, was perfect too, he was there when needed but not intrusive. To top it off Evan surprised us with his knowledge of Galveston's marine life (we were discussing the impending threat of LA oil leak). Then we find out after asking for names and cards (I knew then I must write this review) that Evan is a Marine Biologist, Educator - Bonus! My only regret is that I only thought of taking a picture of our food after we ate most of it, sorry. The Olympia Grill at Pier 21, is located right under the HarborHouse Hotel and is our new MUST. If you want a "taste" of the view check out Galveston Island's web cam. * My tip is not to forget that they will validate your parking ticket for three hours so you will have plenty of time to do some shopping on the Strand. But please. . . , if you go there early on Sundays and they are booked have a heart, remember who told you about them and scoot on over and make room for us at your table.

2 Thank Lovie2
Galveston
“Highly recommend this authentic Greek restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

Very vegetarian friendly. The hummus was to die for. Wish the prices were a little lower, especially for lunch specials. I would eat there several times a week if I could afford it!

Fort Worth
“Went to a private party on New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

I can't comment on the pricing since we were at a private party, but the service and food were fantastic!! My 3 year old daughter even loved the food and sat through the whole meal. I had the fried shrimp, my husband had one of the chicken dishes and both were wonderful. The appetizer plates with hummus, dip and pita bread was great. And we really enjoyed their Greek Salad. I do imagine that the price is higher end, but it was very good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PinkPunch
San Antonio, TX
“It was highly recommended - now we know why!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

We had two recommendations for dinner during our two day stay in Galveston last weekend, so we decided to try both.

Pier 21 was easy to find, in an area that would be extra special during decent weather since you could sit outside overlooking the water. Since it was cold and rainy we sat inside watching boats go by through the window.

We parked in the pay by the hour lot out front, but you get 3 free hours with a stamp by the restaurant.

I had made reservations, but there was plenty of tables available this time of year. Our waiter was very good and very attentive. We had fried calamari for an appetizer and a Greek salad. I had seafood and my wife had a traditional Greek dish I won't even try to spell - we both enjoyed our meals. They have a nice wine list and on the recommendation from the waiter based on what we said we liked we tried a few different gasses of wine instead of getting a bottle which worked out nicely.

All in all a very nice evening and meal and we look forward to going back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles