“Olympia The Gril at Pier 21”

Olympia the Grill at Pier 21
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia the Grill at Pier 21 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on a working harbor with a great view of vessels going up and down the channel and dolphins frolicking in the bay. The best seafood and view of the sunset in Galveston. We offer private dining for between 10 and 300, and have accommodated many large functions such as the Commemoration of the USS Fort Worth, many weddings, bachelorette parties and rehearsal dinners. We are also within easy walking distance of the Strand on Pier 21.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've been to this restaurant a few times. The setting is upscale and the building is historic and literally RIGHT on the water. I'd recommend dining outside so you can take in the view of the Harbor.

On the weekends this restaurant is VERY busy due to the tourists and the cruise terminal. But the atmosphere is really fun and lively despite being a higher end restaurant. You can wine and dine - dress code is Island Chic as I call it. You will see ladies in beautiful beachy dresses wearing lots of bling and you can tell they still have on their bikini top and $100 sunglasses. The guys are wearing khakis or board shorts and button down casual shirts and sandals. Think Charlie Sheen in 2 and a Half Men!

You can go in any attire- but that is just a heads up. As to what to expect.

The only reason I am saying this is "very good" is because the service is hit or miss, due to the sheer volume of people there. If you go on a weekend the chances are you will be sat very quickly- but you may not see your server for several mins. It's not a HUGE deal really- there are plenty of beautiful things to look at as you settle in. I'd recommend getting sat, then going to the restroom to freshen up. It's nifty because in the restroom they have a free seasalt scrub for your hands. It's a nice little treat, most Landry's restaurants have it. So avoid the possible annoyance of the wait by getting sat, ordering your tea or water, and go get a little spa treatment for your hands after refreshing up.

When you get back you will at least have something on the table. Unless it's happy hour, I don't really recommend the drinks- they are a tad pricey and are not that strong. Happy hour is fun and the drinks are really inexpensive and depending what day it is they have a paired appetizer or 2 to go with the drink. That's worth it- but if you are going on a date at a non HH time, just have one or 2 drinks for the fun of it- because honestly it's not really worth it.

The food is really good. I recommend the appetizer called I think- the Crab Tower or Stack or something like that. It is FANTASTIC! It's a tower of jumbo lump crab, mango salsa, avocado, and some delicious sauce. It's $15.99, kinda pricey but not really,- but it completely worth it. It's fun to share too!

All the salads are good and the fish is really fresh. I've never had their burgers but they look good if you see them passing by. All the food is prepared Greek of course so it is very fresh and healthy.

I recommend this restaurant, the view is spectacular, the atmosphere inside as well as out is swank with out being too pretentious, there are many places to sit and of course they validate your parking.

2  Thank posey8683

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I normally do not eat out for seafood, since my husband's family are shrimpers, we get ours a little "fresher" than others, but I was surprisingly pleased with the seafood quality at Olympia's. I enjoyed the fancier atmosphere and was able to dress up for my date with my husband, but noticed others comfortable in shorts and t-shirts as well. He made reservations and we were seated inside immediately, but there were quite a few patrons and the atmosphere was a little to noisy for conversation, so we requested to move outside. The change was made quickly and we enjoyed a wonderful breeze and beautiful sunset during our meal. Waitstaff was friendly and eager to please. Menu was substantial, if a little pricey, as expected for a more formal venue. We started off with feta and olives, and grape leaves. The feta was amazing and grape leaves tasty, just wished there were a few more olives. Our main entrees were crab stuffed shrimp for me and prime rib for my husband. The shrimp were excellent without even a hint of a fishy taste and hubby raved on the prime rib. Overall, a delightful meal!

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Our family took an extended weekend trip to Galveston and thoroughly enjoyed our trip in large part because of the great meals we had. One in particular was The Olympia Grill on Pier 21. I have one daughter who loves to try new things and one who is more apprehensive. To my amazement she agreed to try something from the Greek section of the menu instead of her regular--chicken strips and fries. She had the Greek Lasagna and absolutely raved over it. My other daughter had moussaka and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Both came with Greek salads and veggies. They were a hit!! My husband and I greatly enjoyed the "very fresh" Gulf shrimp platter. Our waitress was extremely helpful and attentive to our every need and wish (we ask to move to a table with a better view ) We will definitely make it a stop on every trip we make to Galveston.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went with friends on a Saturday night, was really busy so waited for 35 minutes for a table, we had a martini at the bar it was okay. The food was excellent like always the Greek chicken salad was wonderful . Was very nosy We wait to go again after the tourist are gone.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We're regulars to Galveston, but wanted to try something different, so we stopped in at Olympia Grill. We plan on adding this place to our list of good places to eat! The restaurant itself is beautiful, with a nice view of the water. There was a nice variety on the menu and I decided on the Vegetarian Sampler. It was a lot to eat- lentil soup, side Greek salad, hummus, grilled veggies, dolmas, pita bread and a spanakopita with light, buttery crust that melted in my mouth. My daughter loved her Spaghetti and meatballs; she got the "light" version, and it was plenty for her to eat. My husband enjoyed the Gyro with fries and my son liked his Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken; he also had a side of Gumbo, for an extra charge. The service was good, the waitress kept my iced tea glass full. We went on a Saturday afternoon and were able to sit right down, but I would recommend reservations if you go at a busy time.