“Excellent Oysters and Views of Port”

Olympia the Grill at Pier 21
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia the Grill at Pier 21 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on a working harbor with a great view of vessels going up and down the channel and dolphins frolicking in the bay. The best seafood and view of the sunset in Galveston. We offer private dining for between 10 and 300, and have accommodated many large functions such as the Commemoration of the USS Fort Worth, many weddings, bachelorette parties and rehearsal dinners. We are also within easy walking distance of the Strand on Pier 21.
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Excellent Oysters and Views of Port”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is by far the best place we've found to watch all the activity at the Port of Galveston. The oysters and service are excellent as well. We spent a couple hours here on Sunday afternoon eating oysters and watching boats go by. Two cruise ships left the port as we were sitting there. We will definitely return for a full meal next time we're in Galveston.

1 Thank AuditMan001

Dallas, Texas
“Excellent oysters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I met friends for lunch before boarding Crown Princess - it is very convenient if you are heading to the cruise ship terminal. I had the crab cake appetizer plus oysters on the half shell, my husband had the Greek salad, and our friends shared the Poseidon's Mix. All were excellent. When our cruise was delayed due to fog, my husband and I returned for dinner - more oysters both baked and on the half shell.

Left Coast
“Being able to dine outside makes a difference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a trendy upscale Gulf-Greek fusion restaurant. By Gulf-Greek, I mean you will see selections leaning toward the Cajun, taking advantage of local ingredients and style, along with Greek classics such as moussaka and dolmas. It is black & whites service and on the spendy side, but generally still value as you get what you pay for. What really sets The Olympia apart is the ability to dine outside and watch the ships go by. Dining inside gets a little sterile for my tastes with the glass and steel style, but the food is the same in or out. They do have heat lamps to extend the outdoor dining season. This place is also walking distance to The Strand and next door to Willy G's and a Joe's Crab Shack, making it a good place / area to meet up with people and make a final call on arrival.

Dallas, Texas
“Mango Madness Margarita Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were at a local bar in the strand, and one of the guys there sitting next to us told us about the restaurant and bar, he works there. Told us to check out the Mango Margaritas 3.00$ during happy hour! The Restaurant sits right off the pier, beautiful views of the Gulf. The place was Gorgeous, great customer service, and in the bathroom they have a body scrub that you can try, they sell it there. I cannot tell you what an Amazing scrub ths is! It left my hands and arms so incredibly smooth, soft, and smelly yummy, with a light coconut flavor, I regret not buying one! I will definetly be back for a meal and buy some scrub to take home!

• Visited December 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
“Great dinner, great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We got a referral to Olympia at Pier 21 for dinner while out for lunch. We were told it was a great local place with fresh seafood.

We did an urbanspoon reservation on-line not knowing how busy it might be. Turns out it wasn't busy, so I laughed and asked for the only open table by the window. It was reserved, we found out for us. Nice!!

A great dinner with lots of options. We went with the Posieden's Platter. We did course one for all four of us. Then our teenagaers went with different entrees. The food was excellent. The service also very good.

Funny that the time that we want to lounge and take our time, the waiter was always at the ready.

I would recommend this great restaurant. I want to go back for a sampling of the greek specialties!

• Visited December 2012