“The Elissia is great for any tall ship lover” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Texas Seaport Museum

Texas Seaport Museum
Ranked #30 of 100 things to do in Galveston
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum details the history of Galveston Island and features a newly restored ship that was originally built in 1877.
Lakeville, Minnesota
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“The Elissia is great for any tall ship lover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

They was a high point of the trip for me..I love Tall ships have sailed on windjammers a fet times ..seeing her as she is today after seeing the film of how they found her in greece lets you know that people do care and are trying hard to keep the past alive. the fact that she's a "living" boat & sails at least once a year makes it all the better! The rests of the exibits were Ok ..told a lot about how the shrimping started & such Well worth the $8 when you consider the upkeeps of a tall ship like this one. We also watched a Pod of dolphins play & feed just off her stern..added bonus to the experience.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank MinnScooter

Livingston, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Probably the single most significant historical repository on the Texas Gulf Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Toured the Ellisa..... FABULOUS!!! There were crew volunteers undergoing training while we were there, regular maintenance was being conducted and despite the fumes of paint and petroleum aerosols we enjoyed the below decks look at the living and working spaces of the crew and officers.
The Museum... What a Great little space! The history of the Ellisa was showing that Saturday and it was about 20 minutes long and moves at a pleasurable pace! The exhibits of the museum are worthy of the time taken to visit! I thoroughly enjoyed myself! My wife enjoyed the Museum as well!
The Harbor Tour that leaves out of the Seaport Museum is Really enjoyable for about an hours worth of time on the water! We had a Blast!!!

Would we do it again.... Yep! Plan to do it again next year!

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Elpistolero
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellant Attraction!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very interesting Museum. I took loads of pictures. There are other enjoying places to go in Galvaston!!
The sea wall is a fun place to walk and get a nice tan. I usually go fishing on the pier. I just love Galvaston TX.
I return to Galvaston everytime I visit Houston TX.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Handyguyone
Holliday, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Sea port musuem a must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

We decided to check the museum out post hurricane. The last time we were in Galveston they had some areas of the musuem closed. From the start we wer e impressed with the staff,, the exhibts, and doecent . the tall ship Eliisa is a must see, as is the harbor tour. Well woth the money spent!

Visited April 2011
1 Thank jabberman_76366
New Caney, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“It was fun and informative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

We had a good time at the museum it was very educational. The people that worked/volunteered were very helpful and informative. Above all they were nice. The movie the Great Storm was not very long but interesting and well done.

5 Thank the-Janu