“Great location, not so great room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Greeley, Colorado
“Great location, not so great room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

The best thing about our stay was the location...across the street from the gulf. We enjoyed both an evening and a morning stroll along the shore. There was a grocery store next door for our incidentals that we forgot...The Mexican food restaurant next door was a wonderful place to eat dinner...The staff was very friendly and helpful...The room itself left a little to be desired. Bring your own pillow if you are able to. The pillows in the room were very small (and I don't like a big pillow). They had no extra pillows or blankets for us to use. The worst part, though, is that there was no shower curtain. I had read a review before our trip that someone had a room without a shower curtain and thought it had to be an oversight, but several months later, when we stayed, our room had no shower curtain. I would stay here again, in a pinch, but if I had my choice, I would look for another hotel near this location.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, east side of hotel. Location of room was great...nice view and no disturb...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for highlighting our location in our review. This hotel is directly across from the beach and a fishing pier. Our location and staff are definitely our strongest assets. Red Roof Inn is working to improve all of the other aspects of the hotel. We do want our guests to enjoy their stay in Galveston and we strive for excellence in the industry.

I hope you will choose us in the future, since we are a great value here in Galveston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Livingston, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed 4 days at this hotel, I can't think of one bad thing to say. Room was great, pool was great, location was great, people were awesome. Very happy with our stay! We never did make it down for breakfast so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for making our day. I have shared your review with the staff. So many times people take the time to write all the things that went wrong, it is nice to be able to share the good reviews too.

I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Galveston.
Allen, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel is extremely expensive for what it is. Yes, it is near a lot of other places (convenience), but no rooms face the beach. I have stayed at nearby places that are much cheaper and not advertised as "beachfront". The staff is friendly, the "breakfast" was ok. I was surprised there wasn't more noise from other rooms at night. A big plus, they let you park your car there when away on a cruise.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zimzam40
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us prior to your cruise. I am satisfied to read that you made use of our free cruise parking.

We are conveniently located across the street from the beach on the seawall and competitively priced compared to other 'seawall' hotels. All of our rooms are equipped with microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer, and coffee maker.

I hope you will stay with us in the future, maybe during the off season or the weekdays when the rates are lower.

-Kathleen Trindade
Rhome, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We had a king non smoking room. The bed seemed like it was just worn out. The bathroom was so small you can hardly turn around without touching the toilet. There was no private balcony with chairs, there is no ocean view. Our view was of a Kroger parking lot. Thank goodness it was for only 2 nights. We didn't even attempt the breakfast. The best thing they had going was that they allowed dogs to stay free. But then made me feel gross walking on the floor without shoes. We wore out shoes until we went to bed. The check in staff was friendly and nice no issues there!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback is appreciated. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations here in Galveston. I hope you will considering staying at Red Roof Inns for your future travels with your four-legged family member. Red Roof Inns always welcome pets who travel with their owners.

-Kathleen Trindade
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

All the staff members were helpful and friendly. The King room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. Very nice to have a heated pool (even if you were cold when you got out of the water!) with the only issue being the chlorine level was very high. Definitely a great value for the price I paid for the room, especially since you can walk to nearby restaurants, grocery store, and to the beach. Only issue was during check in, the room I was assigned to was a double even though I requested a King, but the clerk quickly changed it without any trouble. Definitely will stay here again if the price continues to be a great value and will recommend it to friends as well.

Room Tip: I requested top floor, but next time I would suggest making sure you aren't too close to the ele...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you, Tracey, for the great review. I am happy to hear that the heated pool was enjoyed during your stay. We try to keep it at a nice 75 degree average. The beach is directly across the street from the hotel, but the Gulf of Mexico is a little cold in the winter.

I have shared your review with the rest of the staff. Encouragement from the guests keeps us heading in the right direction. I look forward to your future visits to Galveston.
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Decent accommodation for a decent price. It met my expectation based on the price I paid. Staff is good, facility is clean which is important when you are going to spend some time in the hotel. Overall, good location, clean facility, good service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to share the review with the staff. Red Roof Inn prides itself on providing a nice stay at a nice price. I am happy to hear that we succeeded. I hope you will choose Red Roof Inns for your future travels, especially to Galveston.

Kathleen Trindade
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I enjoyed staying at this Hotel for Madi Gra weekend. Expextations were more than met. Nice rooms clean and smelled fresh. Hot Showers too. I have read prior reviews and i was not what others have wrote unless it changed for the best. If you had a bad stay try it again. And they allow pets.

Room Tip: Pool View is nice to look at
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are constantly working to improve and great reviews tell us that we are on the correct path.

Red Roof Inns are very pet friendly and allow one well-behaved household pet per room with no extra fees. It is always nice to travel with your whole family, including the four-legged members.

I look forward to your future visits to Galveston, which is just a quick getaway from Houston.

-Kathleen