All reviews hi express cinnamon rolls small balcony only stayed one night yogurt laundry room across the street king suite the rooms were nice clean hotel nice stay fishing pier great view of the gulf pool and hot tub pre cruise pleasure pier seawall
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

When I orginally booked the room, I requested a front gulf facing one. The desk clerk had given us a side facing room but I went back to the desk, she cheerfully switched us to the front. The room was very clean and large. Keurig coffee maker which was nice. I did not see any mold issues . Bed and the pillows were very comfortable . Housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning and restocking towels each day. Pool area was also kept very clean . Nice to have 2 whirlpools, 1 heated and 1 unheated. Breakfast had a large variety. Muffins danish, eggs, sausage, bacon. Biscuits and gravy. And the other usual breakfast items. Overall I was very pleased with my stay. We will be back!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to stay in Galveston to visit a time share through Holiday Inn Resorts. The smell of mold was very evident in the first room and we asked to be moved and they did move us to another room. It too had mold growing on the furniture and the ceiling in the bathroom had mold spots on it. The staff here is excellent and tried to accommodate us but, this place needs a complete renovation. If you have respiratory issues or allergies do not stay here. It is a musty moldy mess. Very disappointed in this property. The staff and the breakfast are great but, that is about it.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Hi Vacationer15607,

Our brand is iconic because of our fresh rooms, efficient service, and fulfilling breakfast buffet. I'm glad that we hit two out of these three elements. I wish I can say the same with your impression on our rooms. I'm very sorry about the cleanliness and maintenance issues that marred your stay. This is not the frictionless experience that we want for you.

Don't worry, I shared your concerns with our Housekeeping Supervisor and General Manager. I'm sure they'll focus on this area more and make sure the issues won't happen again.

Thanks for choosing us for your trip in Galveston and sharing the areas we need to improve on. Come and visit us again, so we can provide you with the Simple, Smart Travel that we're known to provide.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Very much enjoyed the ice view room. We Ubered to dinner and drinks at Landry’s. Rooms were clean, great breakfast.

Will definitely stay here on the next visit. Pool and jacuzzi was noise staff was very friendly.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on a last minute decision late on a Friday night. Staff was great, cheerful, and courteous. In fact the staff made the stay more positive. Kudos to he hotel management for their team. Has to be the best I’ve experienced. The room was more humid than I’d like and the AC struggled to bring the temperature down but it wasn’t unbearable by any means and I didn’t complain to the staff or request to be moved. Room was otherwise great, balcony looked out over the beach. Parking lots are plentiful and very well lit, we felt safe. Property is visually appealing inside and out. Breakfast is your standard Holiday Inn breakfast but with one huge exception. The folks who take care of preparing the food and servicing the dining room were FABULOUS!! They were very friendly and spoke to every table to ask if they could serve them in some way. As many places as I’ve stayed I’ve not experienced this level of service including places where you pay for meals and are served by waitstaff.

Overall, this was a cool experience for my family who doesn’t get to stay away from home much. I really appreciated this from the folks at the hotel.

If you’re in Galveston you don’t want to miss out on this hotel and this staff.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2018

The first room we checked into, the refrigerator didn't get cold. They didn't have a maintenance man, so we were moved down the hall to a different room. The second room had a broken bed that made rather loud noises everytime you moved and sagged in the middle. My husband took that one so we woudn't have to move again. The breakfast offered a lot of items, but not much quality. Unfortunately, I got a mouthful of spoiled milk. Hard to over come that!! Really nice clean facilities, and right across the street from the beach.

Date of stay: August 2018