Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Traverse City, Michigan
“Good location”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right at the beach. Typical HI Express - good breakfast, free parking. Rooms were nice - balcony view was of the hotel next door, with a side view of the pool and beach. Slightly away from all of the noise and action, but still near to restaurants and shopping. Wifi was weak at best.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear CaptainDon58,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. Please accept my apologies due to the poor WIFI connection. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Top floor room with balcony. Nice beach view. Friendly helpful staff. Offered inexpensive weekly parking while we took a cruise. Staff gave us Mardi Gras information. Property located along seawall, but away from the main busy area. Clean room, but musty smell. Ceiling and carpet waterstained in one area where roof leaked prior to our visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Montana, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I wasn't expecting much after reading some previous reviews. We were treated very well upon arrival and took advantage of a $25 fee to park our rental car and take a shuttle to and from the cruise ship ports. Great price but the shuttle service a little unreliable, as well as taxi's. Not the fault of the hotel but it did create a problem for us. We had a great room, very clean. The breakfast was also very good. In short, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: we had a side view of the gulf which was quite adaquate
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We just stayed three nights in this hotel on the Seawall in Galveston. We had a lovely, very clean room with a balcony overlooking the beach. Friendly, free breakfasts and convenient location. The island was "hopping" with tourists there for the beginning of Galveston's Mardi Gras and those embarking and debarking from the four cruise ships in port over the weekend. The Disney Magic and Princess ship came in and left on Saturday with the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas and the Carnival Magic on Sunday.

Room Tip: Our room had a good view of the Gulf so I would suggest the south side but not sure if those on the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Glen Rose, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel was nice. The double room that we got had a balcony with a view toward the beach. The place is clean and well maintained. The staff left something to be desired for me. Upon check in, I asked the clerk to look up my PC number. I was told that only the manager could do that, regular desk clerks didn't have access to that information. I KNOW that this is incorrect information. Staff didn't know much about what there was to do on the island. On check out, I again asked the desk clerk about my PC number and was told again that only management could look up PC numbers and management would not be in that day. I was advised that I could call PC and tell them I stayed here. I eventually found my number among my travel gear. I then took the number in and asked her to add it to my account. I was then told that management would have to do that as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Sparrowlw,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write feedback of our hotel. I am happy that you found our hotel to be nice and room accommodations commendable. I would like to apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the issues you encountered with the staff during your visit. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Maybe some of the other reviewers hit this hotel on a bad day. My experience was very good. The hotel is clean. The staff persons are all very friendly and efficient. The breakfast room was large so you do not feel rushed to eat. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom linins are quality. This is my second trip and I was glad to see that it had not slipped. I consider it a good value for the room price, and I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sid H
sherman texas
Reviewed January 1, 2013

have stayed in several hotels in my 70 years and this has to be worst place I have ever stayed. the door to our room would not latch and the clerk (was very nice) up graded us to a suit on the fron of the hotel. we moved into the new room and the air/heat unit would not work . we used up half a day waiting to get the new one installed before we could clean up and go out. then the same problem with the door latch. the door would not stay closed just like the first room. also the new room smelled awful so the cleaning lady came and sprayed some odor killer and it was a little better. we chcked out a day early on our three night stay and went back home. stay somewhere else. this hotel has a maintence problem.........

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnny s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galveston West - Seawall, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Johnny S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to read about the inconveniences you experienced particularly with the room accommodations' condition. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.