All reviews private beach east beach three bedroom hot tub bath condo beach towels full kitchen pool deck thought of everything place to stay plenty of chairs fire pit bit dated relaxing stay easy access to the beach long weekend living area
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2016

My family and I made the right choice by staying at the Galvestonian. Prior to booking, we were trying to decide between the Galvestonian and several other hotels:

-Moody Gardens
-The San Luis Resort
-Hotel Galvez & Spa
-Casa Del Mar
-Holiday Inn Resort

We initially dismissed the Galvestonian due to the price, but I saw a deal on their website along the lines of buy 2 nights, get the 3rd night 50% off. This deal put the Galvestonian into the top of our price range.

The main reason we were glad we booked the Galvestonian is that it is right on the beach. We drove by all of the other hotels (except Moody Gardens), and we would have had to cross a busy road to get to the beach. The other hotels seemed to be more in a party district, and we were looking for something quieter.

On our trip, as we approached the Galvestonian for the first time, I was nervous that it was going to be too fancy for us, with valet parking and whatnot. To my surprise, we pulled up like any other hotel, parked and could bring our own luggage in with a cart. Check-in went smoothly and was very organized.

As we walked into our condo-style unit, my husband saw birthday balloons waiting for him! I phoned the hotel ahead of time, and they graciously put balloons in the unit before our arrival.

Our one-bedroom unit was beautiful. We stayed in room #809, and the furnishings were nice and the view was spectacular! The owners of the unit left a guestbook for visitors to sign and had unique decorations that showed their pride in ownership. (Each unit has its own decor, and you can pick out which unit you want on the website.)

Did I mention the view?! Floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows! It was the most beautiful view we could have asked for, and it made it worth the price. Some of the other hotels were the same price or higher for a city view, which is another reason I'm glad we made this choice.

Our unit had a kitchen, living room with a couch, chair and 4-person dining room set, bathroom at the front of the unit, and it had a bedroom with a king-sized bed. It was nice to be able to spread out in more than just a hotel room.

We used the pool during our stay. It was a heated, outdoor pool, and it felt wonderful. There was also a hot tub connected to the pool. One nice thing is that the pool had benches on the sides, so we could sit down while in the pool. We had our one-year old with us on vacation, and I can't say that we always felt comfortable at the pool. The group tended to be more adults trying to relax rather than kids trying to play, so we wanted to make sure our son wasn't being too loud.

The walk to the beach was also beautiful. I commented that it felt like a tropical paradise. There were hammocks and beautiful flowers. The Galvestonian provided wagons to take stuff down to the beach and tools to grill out. Another perk was the pool/beach towels provided and the sunscreen that was also provided. It consistently seemed like the Galvestonian went the extra mile to make things nice for the owners and guests.

Being that the hotel was beautiful, clean and went the extra mile, I would definitely give it a 5/5 and recommend it to others. If we travel to Galveston in the future, they will have my business.

Room tip: Choose your exact unit on the website (with photos to view.) We enjoyed unit #809.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank missamykate1
Gregory C, General Manager at The Galvestonian, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2016

Thank you for the amazing review of the Galvestonian, these are the kind of memorable experiences we want to create for our guests. I am pleased that you decided to stay at the best beach in Galveston to spend your husband’s birthday. You are correct about the deal that we are offering which continues until March 2017. It sounds like you all had a very relaxing weekend and took full advantage of all the amenities we offer. We hope you have found your new “go to place” in Galveston.
We would be delighted to see you again soon

Reviewed October 14, 2016

Staff were friendly and helpful. Lovely layout of the condo. Space between the 2 bedrooms and bathrooms. King sized beds in both rooms. Lovely pictures and decor of various birds. View of the beach was spectacular. The pool, picnic area with grills, firepit, wagons, towels, a beach that is clean are some of the delightful extras on the property. Gorgeous flowers. Kitchen was well stocked. The best location on the East beach.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

5 Stars! I hope to make this an annual destination. Book with The Galvestonian you will not be disappointed. I chose The Galvestonian because I was traveling alone. They provided the added security I was looking for. Each room has a beautiful view of the gulf. The sound of surf at your fingertips.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Gregory C, General Manager at The Galvestonian, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Thank you for your “5 star” review! I am pleased to hear that you found the property to be safe and relaxing with a beautiful view of the groomed beach. We look forward to seeing you back year after year!

Reviewed October 11, 2016

We rented Condo #807 and we are very pleased! The condo is decorated very nicely and it is very spacious. The only thing I would change is I would install a shower wand in the shower. Other than that it is perfect!

We have everything we need to cook or just to relax.

I would recommend The Galvestonian to anyone coming to this area for a vacation. We will be back for sure.

Room tip: All of the rooms are Ocean View.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and review about the Glavestoninan and condo #807. All units are individually owned and have their own décor and special feel. Thank you for the suggestion of the wand in the shower I will gladly pass that along.
We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

This is 100% condo owned facility, literally right on the beach. It is on east end of Galveston, just minutes from sea wall and activities. The complex offers complimentary coffee/tea in the morning. Has a pool, hot tub, communal fire pit and nice picnic areas where you could grill your own. They offer towels and rent bicycles and chair/umbrellas for the beach the beach is very clean. We stayed in 1bdrm condo, very nice. Had great view. All condos have kitchenettes to make for a nice stay. It even has some hammocks for a little R&R. Staff very friendly. Would stay there again

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Galvestonian! You have described our property perfectly! Our guests love staying at the Galvestonian due to the fact that it is located on the beach and secluded from the large crowds/traffic that gathers near the seawall. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at The Galvestonian and hope you to see you again!