This was our second stay at the Galvestonian. We first booked a condo here a year ago based on the reviews on tripadvisor, and we are so glad we did. We even booked the exact same condo (#914) the second time around. This is a 12 story building with 16 individually owned condos on each floor. The building is on the beach with a walkover to cross the dunes, but no street to cross to reach the beautiful beach. The beach is big and clean (someone rakes the area every morning) and there are chairs and umbrellas you can rent for $30/day. We knew our unit had an umbrella in the closet from last year, so we just brought our own chairs to get our own setup on the beach for free. Beach towels are included and can be found in the lobby as you walk out to the heated pool, hot tub, or beach. The property also has two tennis courts, a basketball hoop in the corner of the tennis courts, fitness center, bicycles, outdoor shuffleboard, picnic tables with grills, and a firepit area where they will set up and clean up your 2 hr s'more session for $40. The units are individually owned so choose your unit carefully as some are more updated than others. Ours had a king in the master and two twins in the second bedroom. The bedding was wonderful and the kitchen nicely equipped. In fact, we ate all of our meals except for one dinner at the condo. The front office staff is very nice and check in and out was a breeze. We had one of the toilets stopped up but that was quickly taken care of while we played a game of tennis. Be sure to ask for the "stay 3 nights pay for 2" promotion, which makes your stay not only first class but also economical. Definitely the best place to stay in Galveston - we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galvestonian is designed for pleasure and relaxation. For outdoor fun, the large heated swimming pool, which features a hot-tub Jacuzzi, is elevated on a deck which runs almost the entire length of the building. This affords the privacy you deserve, plus a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious poolside cabana is quiet, shaded area for enjoying pool side refreshments. For tennis buffs, there are two lighted courts. And, of course, there are miles of beach a few steps down from the pool deck. You can stroll along the water's edge, build sand castles or simply relax on the sand and let the sun's golden rays warm your body.East Beach is the most exclusive beach in Texas. Only 50 minutes from Hobby Airport and only three minutes from downtown Galveston. East Beach is a hideaway which will allow you to escape life's pressures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Galvestonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Hotel Galveston
- Galvestonian Resort Galveston